Best Approach to re-build kit

Hewitt2

Oh and I also got a Ludwig Acrolite blue olive round badge snare for $185. I overpaid by a bit as it will need some TLC but Acros are pretty hard to come by where I live so I jumped on it. It will be my workhorse drum for life so it will pay itself off!

yammyfan

Great selections (y)

I wasn't aware that Made In Mexico PDP kits are sleepers so I'm going to keep an eye out for one. Yours looks sturdy and well made.

You got some good deals, too. Feels great, huh?

Lennytoons

Oh and I also got a Ludwig Acrolite blue olive round badge snare for $185. I overpaid by a bit as it will need some TLC but Acros are pretty hard to come by where I live so I jumped on it. It will be my workhorse drum for life so it will pay itself off!
Not a bad price really for a good Acro. I paid $275 for one a few weeks ago....of course it's a 1967 in mint condition. All original.

Hewitt2

Not a bad price really for a good Acro. I paid $275 for one a few weeks ago....of course it's a 1967 in mint condition. All original.
I love that era Acrolites. Keystone badges are so classic and some say even better better sounding than successive eras. I had a keystone and sold it a few years back. The one thing that irritated me was the baseball bat muffler that wouldn’t say on. Although it’s easy to get around by not using it as a primary muffling device.

gdmoore28

Gold Member
All right gang - here’s an update from yours truly. The project is coming along nicely and I’m about 90% of the way there;

Cymbals (all used Sabian)
- 14” Regular hi-hats (pre-AA): $100
- 18” AA Medium Thin Crash: $70
- 21” AAX Memphis Ride: $130

Drums
- PDP CX 5-piece Maple kit in a beautiful red sparkle - $300. This was a great purchase for me, as I also got a nice double-braced Pearl snare stand, a Tama Iron cobra jr. bass drum pedal, a really solid PDP hi-hat stand and some 13” Zildjian K Custom Dark hi-hats. The drums were also outfitted with new heads (Evans G2). Awesome deal!

Big shout-out to gdmoore23 for turning me on to these awesome drums and his helpful advice on our chats!

Hardware and accessories next! View attachment 87706
My gosh! $300? That was a steal, my man. And you got the ten-lug bass drum, too! Those drums look incredibly well cared for, and the extra hardware and new heads . . . you made out like a bandit. Look at how little cash you paid out for absolutely first-rate drums, cymbals, and hardware. This post should be made a sticky that people could be referred to when they ask how to get into/back into drumming.

You simply played this game with utmost finesse.

GeeDeeEmm

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Oh, and pictures, pictures, pictures! We simply must see that beautiful collection of drums/hdwr/cymbals properly set up and ready to make music.

Hewitt2

Soon my good sir! No one’s more excited than me! It’s torture with everything just laying on the ground in the basement ready to be played - rehearsal space should be ready by November 1!

Thanks again for your advice!