BEST album cover, what’s yours

SomeBadDrummer

Pink Floyd I get. Iron Maiden too. Never understood the police cover although I love all three bands. Deep

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

my #1, most fav:

#ofbeast.jpeg

there are too many ties for the rest...but Derek Riggs was a master of detail. The Powerslave cover is possibly the close second

and I can't forget this one because it gave me my lifelong "mascot", and pretty much defined my outlook on life

oosmt.jpeg

TK-421

Never understood the police cover although I love all three bands. Deep
It’s a digital representation of the 3 band members (with Sting in the middle—I forget which of the others is supposed to be Stewart and which is Andy). It’s sort of a visual pun on the album title, Ghost in the Machine, which refers to human consciousness in a man-made device, as if that device has a will of its own.

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

It’s a digital representation of the 3 band members (with Sting in the middle—I forget which one is supposed to be Stewart and which is Andy). It’s sort of a visual pun on the album title, Ghost in the Machine, which refers to human consciousness in a man-made device, as if that device has a will of its own.

I had that album for almost 5 years before I got that!!!

DrummerJustLikeDad

I can name three.

Iconic and hauntingly evocative of the far away, magical strains these musicians would continue to score (even individually) for years to come.
499A34A4-97A7-48EE-AB99-2F0BE424F961.jpeg

Hugely comic and original. It’s Monty Python meets SCTV in a parochial, evening paper.
A216E120-FA8C-418F-9766-AED8FD71C45A.jpeg

Chill but sultry layup from a lamentably bygone world too cool ever to contain the likes of me. But it’s fun to imagine. (Not bad, for not being a gatefold!)
6E49299F-8B63-4602-B28B-F1D78DEC0210.jpeg

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention
Overnight Sensation

UnCovered Interview - Over-Nite Sensation by Dave McMacken - Album Cover  Hall of Fame - Album Cover Art Interviews and News

SomeBadDrummer

It’s a digital representation of the 3 band members (with Sting in the middle—I forget which of the others is supposed to be Stewart and which is Andy). It’s sort of a visual pun on the album title, Ghost in the Machine, which refers to human consciousness in a man-made device, as if that device has a will of its own.
Ahh. Stewart is obviously on the right.

jimb

Well there all from the 70's...when else? And as is usual with anything 70's...biting originality.
a, Dark Side
b, Breakfast in America (amazing)
c Mott The Hoople (girls face wearing the afro)
d, And yep the above AWB cover...simple, cheeky and utterly unique.