Bermuda and Weird Al get Tacky!

Loved the "Word Crimes" video. It touched on some of my pet peeves about the social media age.

Thanks all, and there'll be new videos every day through next Monday. The album has been #1 on Amazon Music on & off for 4 weeks, and is #2 on iTunes. Smells like another Billboard top-10!

Bermuda

Thanks all, and there'll be new videos every day through next Monday. The album has been #1 on Amazon Music on & off for 4 weeks, and is #2 on iTunes. Smells like another Billboard top-10!

Bermuda

Where is that Like button ? Congrats on the continued success.

All my colleagues at the college were swearing that Fall Quarter, "Word Crimes" will be required viewing for all incoming freshmen. Great work B!

Loved "Word Crimes" - wish I'd written that!

Wish I could play it, too.

I wonder if that gets frustrating not being able to show your chops?

Gets to show his chops. Its more difficult to cop someone's groove than play your own stuff.

Interestingly enough, for better or worse, Weird Al is a pop icon, no one else is doing it, by default he's the Elvis of pop parody.

Bermuda, what HH's did you use on Tacky and Word?

The ones on word sound small, 13's maybe, or 12's?

Word Crime hit every single thing that my students do on their reports. Makes me nuts! I want to play it for each of my classes when we start up again next month.

Bermuda, what HH's did you use on Tacky and Word?

The ones on word sound small, 13's maybe, or 12's?

Both songs were sequenced, but the hats are samples of mine:

For both open and closed sounds, Tacky is Istanbul Mehmet 13” Hats, and Word Crimes is Sabian 14” Manhattan Groove Hats pitched up 1.5 steps (which is why they sound a bit higher/smaller.)

Bermuda

I have liked all three so far with bigger props to Word Crimes. My problem is I don't listen to any current music so I don't know what they are parodies of. Duh.

I have liked all three so far with bigger props to Word Crimes. My problem is I don't listen to any current music so I don't know what they are parodies of. Duh.

The video being released on the 21st will be more your speed.

Mine too! :)

Bermuda, I was wondering: do you guys get any assistance from the parodied artists or their production team with regard to sheet music, arrangement or production tips or do you have to figure it all out like the rest of us (try to) do?

Bermuda, I was wondering: do you guys get any assistance from the parodied artists or their production team with regard to sheet music, arrangement or production tips or do you have to figure it all out like the rest of us (try to) do?

We're on our own for parts and sounds, with only two exceptions: there was a track 20+ years ago that was basically donated by the writer/producer, and another on the new album where I nabbed one sample from the band. That wasn't out of desperation, it was just really wanting to get the sound right.

Except for those, the live and sampled sounds you hear are all mine.

Bermuda

iTunes has 784 reviews and 620 are five stars......Rock on

One comment...He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of Life. lol

Wow, I can't even go anywhere online without seeing people talk about how good the new Weird Al stuff is. Congrats!!

My problem is I don't listen to any current music so I don't know what they are parodies of. Duh.

I haven't listened to current popular music in like 10 years, so I'm with you, I have never heard the originals songs that are being parodied.

Tacky was pretty good but word crimes absolutely made me lol, ROFL, pmsl, etc.
I bow to the master of parody (and his drummer of course) : )

Friggin bravo Jon, great work. Funniest stuff I think I ever heard. Al is at the top of his game. I'll be watching you on TV in about an hour.

Back