Benny Greb DVD.

steve.b.

Hi to all on the forum, after just playing around and along with CD"s for about 6 months i need to focus a bit more so i have got Groove Essentials 1, The New Breed and the Benny Greb DVD and will probably try and mix and match with them all. my question is with the DVD should i be learning the notes as letters or are they just a way of listing things out?
Hope this makes sense,
Thanks
Steve,B,

Hi to all on the forum, after just playing around and along with CD"s for about 6 months i need to focus a bit more so i have got Groove Essentials 1, The New Breed and the Benny Greb DVD and will probably try and mix and match with them all. my question is with the DVD should i be learning the notes as letters or are they just a way of listing things out?
Hope this makes sense,
Thanks
Steve,B,

The latter. It' s just a relational tool to help you understand the concept.

yeah i agree the letters are just his way of helping you relate. i personally would take that stuff VERY slowly and work on the simple things because once you get passed that it gets pretty ridiculous...i personally don't like the way he explains odd groupings it took me awhile to figure out what he meant but other than that i think the dvds great good luck

steve.b

Welcome to the forum...Give us a shout out in the Introduce Yourself Discussions..

Just to push a little farther, Benny's approach is to help you learn about phrasing... Phrasing is the art of putting elements together effectively. like phrasing a sentence. He starts with the simplest of elements, letters. He then moves into words, then sentences, and we can communicate. A unique and effective approach, but as Brundlefly said, it is just a way to help you learn to relate.

Personally, I would suggest starting with Groove Essentials or New Breed (Haven't seen this one, though) first..

Back