BENGAL TIGERS, JOHNATHAN MOFFET AND ME

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
I wanted to tell you guys about my recent experience. Just when I thought I had done it all something new always seems to happen. I did a show in Vegas last week with Magician Rick Thomas. I didn't play with him, I played with Esteban. Rick had his segment and we did a 50 min concert. Anyway, at the end we joined forces on stage. We had rehearsed the ending. All I knew was the tune for the end of the show, and then a big orchestral like ending. I just had to roll like crazy on my crashes for the big end with the usual fan fare and cross sticking and all the fancy stuff. So we rehearsed it. I never put much thought into it. I thought cool its just the end. What I found out at the show a few hours later is that while I was doing this they were dropping 2 Bengal Tigers from up above. So I'm rolling like crazy on my cymbals then this cage drops and bam there is a 2 thousand pound Bengal Tiger. I almost crapped myself. Ha!! It landed like literally 2 feet infront of my kit. It was suppose to be facing the audience like the other ones on stage but his Tiger was not digging all the noise I was making. He was pacing in his cage, pawing at me through the bars and starring me down. Man, I'm glad he was in a cage, I don't think he was digging my playing. ha!!!

Then at the after show party there was Jonathan Moffet. He came out to the gig. Was great to see such a great player and person at one of my shows. Much gratitude to him for coming out. Hope all you drummers are doing great. Since the holidays are coming up and I finally have some time off I will be around. All the best.

Joe

Mak_quise

BENGAL TIGERS JOHNATHAN MOFFET AND ME

If the tigers are to be removed then the one who lives at Eden will also
be removed in adventures which take place there. Or?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Wow Joe, I've been involved in some funky stage embellishments in my time, but never something that wanted to eat me! I must admit, I'm not so happy about the animal welfare aspect to that. I can't imagine such a beast would be comfortable with all that stage noise & lighting stuff. Please tell me they didn't fire off any pyro stuff. Anyhow, cool story, & certainly one to put on your collaboration list!

Muckster

Platinum Member
Thanks for the story Joe. I've had to deal with some skanky cougars at gigs but never Tigers. LOL

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
How the heck does someone NOT tell the musicians "oh, by the way, a giant tiger will lowered on stage while you're playing" ??

Anyhow, that's quite a story!