Benefit show.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah! Nice size gig Jer, & a good feeling to be involved. Lovely precise playing that served the song beautifully. It certainly went down well with the crowd. See if you can get some of the footage from the camera guy who appeared on your right.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Hey jer, I really like your style and approach to playing - your musical sensibilities hit the spot for me. Great tune all round.

We played a country fair which was raising $$ for breast cancer thing back in June, much smaller scale than yours. Playing to raise funds for good causes is a great thing to do (and a gig's a gig haha) ... it looks like the thing you were involved with would have made heaps. Well done!

jer

Silver Member
Yeah! Nice size gig Jer, & a good feeling to be involved. Lovely precise playing that served the song beautifully. It certainly went down well with the crowd. See if you can get some of the footage from the camera guy who appeared on your right.
Thanks Andy. Considering that folks were there to support the cause and not for the live music, I thought we got a great response. Sure people will clap out of consideration, but we had some people dancing too, you can't fake that. Also had both stage and foh sound guys compliment us.

I'm pretty sure there was video being shot from the balcony, hopefully we can score some of that!

Hey jer, I really like your style and approach to playing - your musical sensibilities hit the spot for me. Great tune all round.

We played a country fair which was raising $$ for breast cancer thing back in June, much smaller scale than yours. Playing to raise funds for good causes is a great thing to do (and a gig's a gig haha) ... it looks like the thing you were involved with would have made heaps. Well done!
Trying my darndest to play musically with these guys, glad it's coming through!

This benefit was thrown on behalf of a member of a Toronto ad agency who was recently diagnosed with cancer. He's been in the game for a long time, so the crowd represents the who's who in Toronto agency's (not a bad bunch to be playing for). First estimates were between 6-700 people, tickets were $20 a pop, f-cancer t-shirts were $20, they held raffles and draws all night, and a portion of bar sales were being donated - I'd guess they raised at least 30k that night.

Tommyland

Nice banner. F-cancer indeed!

I’m sick and tired of hearing this motivational industry and its followers chatter on about how cancer is a gift, a way to “wake up” and realise what’s important in life, like it’s some kind of ‘right of passage’ to be overcome with positive thinking and new age woo-woo. It’s a horrible thing. Period.

I recently lost a family member to stage 4 cancer, and it’s gut-wrenching what they and their loved ones went through. For every person who thinks that positive thinking and “good energy” can heal cancer, you need to look at the overall statistics and in particular, the people who died despite all their positive thoughts.

It’s perfectly normal to be angry about it too. Hopefully, medical science can find a cure. Because if and when it does, nobody is going to pass it up in favour of “healing crystals” or any other new age crap. I guess it’s because right now, there aren’t so many options, so people invest in these delusions because they’re scared. That’s normal I guess. I just hate it when people (those in the motivational industry selling potions and whatnot) profit from this kind of human frailty, leading people into false hope.