Ben Turk & Gloryhammer.

Andy

Honorary Member
Many here will remember Ben frequenting Drummerworld, & some on here have met him in person. I've worked with Ben on some stuff in the past, & he's not only the consummate professional and a skilled player, he's also just the nicest & humble guy you could wish to meet.

Ben has been instrumental in growing the Gloryhammer machine since inception. Their progression has been organic & hard won. They're now at the stage of videos attracting millions of views, a real fan base across the globe, & headlining their own tours of substantial venues. This is all richly deserved success!

Myself & "she who shall be obeyed" had the pleasure of attending a Gloryhammer show in Bristol UK last night, & had a nice hang / meal with Ben before the show. There were two support acts, both of which were of excellent quality. Gloryhammer really delivered. Great sound, great visuals, & Ben's playing was both highly present & tasteful in equal measure. So gratifying to see Ben in the place he's fought so hard to climb to.

There's a number of takeaways from this, but a big one is how they've carefully crafted their identity, characters, & story. They know exactly what their demographic is, play it perfectly, & don't take themselves too seriously in the process. Gloryhammer is fun fantasy metal, & utterly glorious for it :)

Anyhow, for those who don't know who Gloryhammer are ----

That's great to hear! Glad you got to check 'em out, too. :)

Ben really is one helluva drummer. And like Andy says, he's a humble intelligent and humorous man. Seriously talented. His band is seriously accomplished. If anyone here is going to "make it" my vote goes to Ben.

I’ll echo that Andy.

Me and Dawn went to see them in London on their last U.K. tour.

I knew I’d enjoy it but Dawn hadn't heard them before and absolutely loved it.

We would have gone this time around if not for the bump as they certainly know how to put on a good show.

His band is seriously accomplished. If anyone here is going to "make it" my vote goes to Ben.
I'd really like to think so in a fair world.

That's great to hear! Glad you got to check 'em out, too. :)
I've missed out on a couple of previous opportunities to see the band, so this was a great opportunity to catch up with Ben & see his band first hand.

Me and Dawn went to see them in London on their last U.K. tour.
I knew I’d enjoy it but Dawn hadn't heard them before and absolutely loved it.
Yvonne loved it too, & bought a shirt :) Talking through with Ben, their show grows each time. They had a great lighting setup, & that added greatly to the impact too :)

Great sound, great theatre, great video, and all talented musicians, but, and I'm sorry, but, never a shot of any one musician long enough to know or appreciate who they are. or what they are doing until the guitar solo.

Ben's a great guy. One of the most pleasant, insightful and intelligent individuals I've had the pleasure of sharing a table with.

What he doesn't know about cocktails isn't worth knowing, either.
Just the tails? :censored:

Thank you for the update.

Just other day I was thinking that Ben hadn't posted in a long time.
He's a busy boy, but yes :(

Great sound, great theatre, great video, and all talented musicians, but, and I'm sorry, but, never a shot of any one musician long enough to know or appreciate who they are. or what they are doing until the guitar solo.
Agreed - not long enough drum shots :ROFLMAO: ------ but c'mon Grunt, there's space submarines, & have you seen that ban hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I had replied to this but obviously just intended to and then forgot - I'm not long back from my third tour in the last 6 months and have been otherwise very busy, so, apologies!

Thank you all very much for your kindness and words of support - this forum has been a part of my whole journey with this band, and it's very gratifying to look back and remember how far it and I have come. I should make an effort to spend a bit more time here in future!

Thanks again, I'll see you all around - hopefully soon. Take care all.

Back