Before and after!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Not a fan of strap drives at all really. Something went pop on my Speed Cobra once and a friend lent me his Iron Cobra strap drive and it instantly felt like I had my foot in treacle, the kick sounded about 50% quieter too.
Cool story bro. I guess you’re not sittin in on my kit 😉

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I have a few Iron Cobras I collected over the years. My favourite is the strap. It feels like it's an extension of my foot, and it's very light. Feathering is easier, but I can still easily slam four on the floor. It probably has a different cam, but I've never checked it against the other chain ICs.

Mcdonap

So, inspired by Bo, I decided to put the strap on my Yamaha 9500 pedal.
I had never really thought about using it until Bo mentioned coming up on a Slingerland Tempo King. That was the second pedal I ever owned.
I switched this morning and have been playing for a little while - so far, so good! I like it.
Thanks Bo!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
So, inspired by Bo, I decided to put the strap on my Yamaha 9500 pedal.
I had never really thought about using it until Bo mentioned coming up on a Slingerland Tempo King. That was the second pedal I ever owned.
I switched this morning and have been playing for a little while - so far, so good! I like it.
Thanks Bo!
And another Tempo King disciple! Part of me misses that pedal too. Maybe I should go find one....

Mcdonap

I remember cutting leather to replace mine back when I was a kid!
That's what is currently on mine. My mom had a belt back in the 1980's that was the perfect width. Now that I think about it, it's very cool that she let me have it to cut up for my pedal...

Mcdonap

About 5 days in, and I'm loving the strap.
They feel faster and not so sluggish.
I definitely agree with this. I'm no speed demon, but it definitely feels faster to me. (Maybe it's just more control?)
Not a fan of strap drives at all really. Something went pop on my Speed Cobra once and a friend lent me his Iron Cobra strap drive and it instantly felt like I had my foot in treacle, the kick sounded about 50% quieter too.
My little experiment has given me very different results. I feel like I have more control over what I want the beater to do and also over dynamics. I can play louder than before (chain), and also much softer. I guess it's all just a matter of opinion. I also put a strap on my own pedal, so all the other settings remained constant.

I'm glad Bo posted this. I never would have tried it otherwise.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
About 5 days in, and I'm loving the strap.

I definitely agree with this. I'm no speed demon, but it definitely feels faster to me. (Maybe it's just more control?)

My little experiment has given me very different results. I feel like I have more control over what I want the beater to do and also over dynamics. I can play louder than before (chain), and also much softer. I guess it's all just a matter of opinion. I also put a strap on my own pedal, so all the other settings remained constant.

I'm glad Bo posted this. I never would have tried it otherwise.
Glad you’re diggin it! I am loving mine as well. I went live this past Friday and the pedal performed flawlessly for me and felt so comfortable. I have the two DW5000 strapped and just picked up a Yamaha strap drive when I want to go even lighter (to match my Crosstown stuff)!