"Bearsbeats" Series

gobears10

Hey DW, hope your day is going well! I'm starting the "Bearsbeats" Series megathread, where I will post all of my drum covers and drumming videos going forward!

As always, I always welcome and appreciate constructive criticism, thoughts, and feedback so that I improve as a drummer! This community so far has been very helpful to my growth as a musician, and am grateful to be part of it. I love covering songs from all sorts of genres/styles, so feel free to give me recommendations as well!

Here is a playlist of all of my drum covers:

Hope you all enjoy, and thanks again for the help! :)

Last edited:
Damn, man...what happened to the Dio cover (it looks like it's deleted or the link isn't working)?! I'm a huge Vinnie/Dio fan… 'Don't Talk to Strangers' is one of my favorites to play, btw, you should cover that!

CJ

Edit: I got to a working link from your youtube page... nice job with that (Tom Sawyer too)!!

Last edited:
CJ, I'm so glad that you liked it :) I'll definitely give that song a shot.

Anyway, I'm happy to announce I have a new drum cover! This time, I did "Son of a Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield. I love this song's slightly swung feel and iconic ride bell pattern a the end. I just re-watched Pulp Fiction the other day, and had to cover this. Hope you all enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtgQQTRloS0

Hey guys!! For my latest drum cover, I did "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus! I had a ton of fun reproducing the original electronic groove by adding in the cool snare buzzes and triplet flourishes on the hi-hat. Really hope you enjoy :)

Hey guys! I'm filled with so much joy now. After many years, I pulled the trigger on my dream e-kit! It's a custom rig I put together with drum-tec and ATV shells, mostly Roland cymbals, and the Pearl Mimic Pro sound module! It looks, feels, and sounds so amazing and inspires me so much to play.
Here's a playing demo of it, and I hope y'all enjoy
1f603.png

Back