Bass hoop mount for cowbell / woodblock

steverok

Silver Member
Hey y'all, does anyone know of a mount / clamp for holding a cowbell or woodblock, that attaches to the bass drum hoop, without marring or damaging the bass drum hoop ?

Hey y'all, does anyone know of a mount / clamp for holding a cowbell or woodblock, that attaches to the bass drum hoop, without marring or damaging the bass drum hoop ?

DW for rounded hoops (DW/Gretsch). I don't know what to use for flat hoops.

Although I like either of the ones made by DW, Pearl, or Tama (all basically the same design), there's no real way you won't mar the hoop over time. It's just a fact of life that these things happen over time. Think of them as "gigging scars" - and wear them like a badge of honor!

OR - you could find a whole different way to mount the cowbell. LP makes "The Claw" that attaches to the hoop of a regular drum, maybe you could mount that on your floor tom hoop and position the cowbell in more or less the same area?
When I played Ludwig, I had a double tom mount (old classic style) but used one tom, and the cowbell fit on the other 9.5mm L-arm, and that was pretty convenient. Danmar makes these simple stand clamps that have a post attached for cowbells and whatnot that are pretty solid if you don't mind the cowbell on a cymbal stand.

I know what you mean though - I do like the cowbell in that traditional spot between the snare and floor tom too. Or you could go the other way, and purchase back-up bass drum hoops that match your kit so when your hoop is damaged, you have a replacement.

Yeah, I don't get it. How does it attach to the other side of the hoop ? Is that not flush up against the collar of the batter head ?

The DW one is clamping against one side of the bass drum hoop and the drum head collar on the other side. It's totally solid.

Back