Bass Drum to Floor Tom Conversion Kit

I see a lot of those kits around where you can convert a floor tom to a small bass drum. Are there any kits out there that do the opposite? I'm thinking of converting a 20x18 bass into a large floor tom. I guess anything that converted a rack tom to a floor tom would possibly work for the bass too, but I haven't had much luck finding one.

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I see a lot of those kits around where you can convert a floor tom to a small bass drum. Are there any kits out there that do the opposite? I'm thinking of converting a 20x18 bass into a large floor tom. I guess anything that converted a rack tom to a floor tom would possibly work for the bass too, but I haven't had much luck finding one.
Heck man, you could dump it in one of these (wood hoops and all) and you're money:

http://www.gaugerpercussion.com/dynamount.html

...not sure if they make 'em that big but there are a lot of impersonators out there who might.

Do this and it's still a bass drum - without the need for a floor-tom-to-bass-drum conversion kit! ;)

oops

Silver Member
Search 'Gong drum" (believe that's what it's called).

Marco minemann plays one, and it's basically a mounted bass drum. Whatever they use to mount those could be adapted to fit your kick with a little work (I suppose).

diosdude

Silver Member
In the strictest sense of the word, if you want a floor tom all you have to do is drill it and mount 3 floor tom brackets into it. If you're going gong drum, drill and mount 2 tom brackets on opposite sides and then suspend it from a rack with 2 tom arms.