Bass drum reso color

Those are like, More Powa toms! Wow. I love big toms. I am however, getting some cut down though. Easier to sell I think?

As far as the color of a drum head, there is no right and wrong. It's a personal piece, do whatcha want! Classy, Metal, it's color. Heck, I might have red hydraulics on there just to P everybody off. ?

I have black resos, white, clear.

I like black. I like white. Have I helped?

I like black front skin on white kit but your kits looks beautiful this way. My kit isn’t pure white, it’s pearlescent white, slightly cream therefore white heads look too whitish, too pure white on it. It doesn't look good.
So my two bass bass drums are wearing black reso.

That's a gorgeous kit!
My kit isn't pure white (any more) so I know exactly what you're saying about a stark white head on a not so white kit. I've had black resos in the past, but switched to white coated when that kit retired from gig use and found a permanent home in my living room. I like the warmth of the coated head and I like that it isn't as stark white as a smooth white head. They're still whiter than my kit, but I've come to accept the "nicotine white" that my kit has (d)evolved into.
That said, I've always wanted to try the Starfire chrome and just might give them a try since they won't be as susceptible to scratches, fingerprints, and reflections of singer's asses now.

I may slap one on the Sonors and repost and see what you all think
Do it! I want to see chrome on white.

I'd say go with the Remo Starfire Chrome. I'd get them for my white kit, but I've got an 11" tom that I can't get it for, and I want the same head for all the toms. I've got the Chrome on kicks thoughtests and it's killer. The interior of my kit is white, so the clear heads I have on them show white thru them, so sort of like having white resos.

Got any pics of that white kit?

Sorry, OP for turning this into a "show us your white kit" thread. Hopefully a moderator won't shut it down for "not staying on topic".

...I was just gonna post my black kit. Dang.

:D

That's a gorgeous kit!
My kit isn't pure white (any more) so I know exactly what you're saying about a stark white head on a not so white kit. I've had black resos in the past, but switched to white coated when that kit retired from gig use and found a permanent home in my living room. I like the warmth of the coated head and I like that it isn't as stark white as a smooth white head. They're still whiter than my kit, but I've come to accept the "nicotine white" that my kit has (d)evolved into.
That said, I've always wanted to try the Starfire chrome and just might give them a try since they won't be as susceptible to scratches, fingerprints, and reflections of singer's asses now.

Do it! I want to see chrome on white.

Got any pics of that white kit?

Sorry, OP for turning this into a "show us your white kit" thread. Hopefully a moderator won't shut it down for "not staying on topic".

WHITE!

I say wait for Remo to release the Ambassador Colortone heads, and then get colored resonant heads. I think the "smoke" Colortones would look better than black. If you don't wanna wait, get the Starfire Chrome.

For me, I love the classic look of a white reso head.

Ultimately though I'm not massively fussed, hence my avatar photo of one of my kits bass drums with a black reso. The 22" is black, the 24" is white.

@rocker261
Love it!!! That's my kind of kit. (y)
Thanks for posting it. I can certainly appreciate the attention to detail there. Digging the over the top rack. Makes me want to build a halo for mine now.

The original photo is a stunner!

What series tom arm holders are you using? They must be pretty strong.

I agree with the others that mentioned the contrast of a black head on white drums looks great, but there's something about seeing the monochromatic white kit. What color is your bass batter head? A clear front with a white batter head would look cool (and different) but I still think the all white thing really works.

Back