A quick questionnaire for bass drum pedal adjustments. I can wrap all the replies up in a spreadsheet if interested. Try and keep in mind that this is for your main pedal(s), in case some of you have more than one set, etc.
- What brand and model of pedal?
- Single or double pedal?
- Style(s) of music you mainly play?
- Do you mostly play heel up or heel down?
- Spring adjustment (1 = loosest, 5 = tightest)?
- Beater placement from head (1 = furthest, 5 = closest)?
- Bass drum batter head tension (1 = loose, 5 = tight)?
- Chain, strap, direct drive, or other type of drive?
- Cam system: round or non-round?
- Footboard: split foot board or long board?
- Beater types: plastic, wood, felt, rubber, or leather?
- Do you use counter weight(s) (yes/no)?
- Do you use a heel-toe method (yes/no)?