Bass drum leg problem

Tamascb10

Ok, the legs on my bass drum come loose. I took the mount off the bass drum (the tom mount), so maybe thats it.

But anyway, the legs come loose every day after I get done playing. I keep on tightening them but they just keep coming loose.

How can I stop this?

Without knowing what's "coming loose", if it's a thread/nut or thread/wingnut interface, you might want to try a little teflon tape on the threads (the stuff used on plumbing fittings for drip-free connections).

Cheap fix...you can pick it up for less than a buck.

Otherwise, we'll need more details or pics.....almost sounds like you're talking floor tom.

Yes, I agree with everyone else: more information is required.

Are the "leg-mounts" coming loose? This is where the legs attach to the Drum Shell (wood) with screws through the shell.

Or are the Leg adjustments coming loose? This is where the legs are adjusted with some sort of wing-nut, more than likely all metal parts.

Pictures would really be ideal to illustrate what you are talking about, give us some more information so we can help you out.

It's the legs on the bass drum. Legs, like the spurs and stuff. The wingnut comes loose alot.

new.jpg

Sorry for it being small, idk why photobucket makes it that small when the actual image is bigger.
I circled the nut in red, hopefully you can see that.

And you say this has only been a problem since you removed the tom mount from the bass drum? That should have nothing to do with this.

I'd say you're just looking at a vibration issue. The weight of the bass drum on the spurs ensures that the only direction the wingnut can vibrate is out. Take the wingnut completely off and use a bit of that teflon tape on the threads as suggested by sticky.widget. If that looks to be a little too thick, you might try rubbing some wax on the threads.

Back