Bass drum beater collection.

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
While I’m particular about my bass drum
Pedal, I think a lot of the feel (and sound) comes from the beater choice. I’ve been collecting a good amount of beaters and it’s insane how much a beater swap can quickly change the feel of a pedal without touching the actual pedal adjustments.

Favorite beater with my Trick pedal: the dominator

Favorite with my Pearl eliminator and Tama Dynasync: the Pearl 4 way beater.

But man, sometimes nothing beats the bounce and feel of a simple felt beater

DE8928C0-DD8F-4493-8372-9629DE9363CE.jpeg

While I’m particular about my bass drum
Pedal, I think a lot of the feel (and sound) comes from the beater choice. I’ve been collecting a good amount of beaters and it’s insane how much a beater swap can quickly change the feel of a pedal without touching the actual pedal adjustments.

Favorite beater with my Trick pedal: the dominator

Favorite with my Pearl eliminator and Tama Dynasync: the Pearl 4 way beater.

But man, sometimes nothing beats the bounce and feel of a simple felt beater

View attachment 101840
Is the beater at 5 o'clock an old Rogers?

Oops forgot this one

FBB770F1-6EBC-4855-98D4-4B40B07241D6.jpeg

What are those at 1 and 2 o'clock? They don't seem familiar. I have more than a few beaters nowadays. But never thought of them as a collection.

And I'm not knockin' it. I've been a collector of things since I was kid. (y) :cool:

I’ve not been satisfied with any beater head. The Tama adjustable heads don’t stay parallel to the drum head so they flatten unevenly. The Vic Firth stuff feels heavy/sluggish. I’m using a felt model now of unknown brand (bought a couple years ago at Dale’s Drum Shop) and it flattened poorly on one side so I flipped it. Decisions upcoming.

I’ve not been satisfied with any beater head. The Tama adjustable heads don’t stay parallel to the drum head so they flatten unevenly. The Vic Firth stuff feels heavy/sluggish. I’m using a felt model now of unknown brand (bought a couple years ago at Dale’s Drum Shop) and it flattened poorly on one side so I flipped it. Decisions upcoming.
Try the Pearl Duo. It's hard plastic with a felt on one side. The beater sides are curved so it always hits flush regardless of the angle of impact. It's also pretty light.

I know it's a Pearl product, but you gotta start somewhere. Just dip your toes in, it'll be okay.

What are those at 1 and 2 o'clock? They don't seem familiar. I have more than a few beaters nowadays. But never thought of them as a collection.

And I'm not knockin' it. I've been a collector of things since I was kid. (y) :cool:

Those are the beaters from the Tama Dyna Sync

The Tama beater heads are adjustable and can be rotated to lay flush with the drum head.

Back