Basia "Baby You're Mine" Cover by Stephanie Grow

rhumbagirl

Hey guys, I wanted to put something out there before too much time passed. It's not too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=cvMbMZS4V1k&feature=vm

Audio --recorded with Zoom Q3 (set to low gain)
Bass drum video --recorded with Canon SD770IS digital camera
Kit video --recorded with Zoom Q3

I am back playing after a stop and go with it. I managed to have a 3 week space in there, and realized I can't do that. I'm a slave now :)

This multi-video was put together using KdenLive 0.9.6.

Regards,

Steph

The link didn't work for me so I copied the thread title and searched for it on YouTube - it worked. Here's the link I got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMbMZS4V1k

Nice playing! The lighting is very sparse - that's a nice atmosphere when playing but makes it harder to make out some details, esp. on your footcam.

Your trad grip looks a bit unusual with the inside of your hand pointing up almost vertically. I guess that's because of the snare height - haven't found the best snare height for me yet, I'm using both matched and trad and somehow it's hard for me to find a position that works for both grips.

Hey Arky,

Yeah, I need to do something about the lighting. It's a combination of poor lighting in the garage and the low def video capabilities of the Zoom Q3.

I've noticed my trad hand looks a bit ... lame... at rest on the snare rim. It's probably a habit that's crept up on me. I look at the videos and wonder how I'm able to hit the snare head without getting a rimshot :) But I can tell you I feel 100% comfortable where I'm at with trad. Took me a long time to get there. Most of it was fulcrum work. When you stop playing for 3 weeks, and then you miss a couple of days here and there, you slowly but surely back down from that peak you were at, if you know what I mean. What I found in "the fight" is having longer practice sessions. It has the tendency to warp speed you back to where you used to be.

And there's got to be something good from taking a break.

Thanks for watching!

Steph

Back