Barton Drum bags - a very short review.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I'm now about 3-4 gigs into using the Barton drum bags. I bought the tweed-looking ones from Reverb in a 24x14, 13x9, and 16x16. I've not taking any official measurements, but it feels like these have just about the same amount of padding as the Protection Racket cases, but I got all three of my cases for less than the price of one 24x14 Protection Racket case. I'll do another quick review at the end of my season and let everyone know how they continue to hold up.

Did you buy different bags than i did ? I bought one blue snare drum bag maybe six or eight months ago before they moved. It's fine enough for the price, but the zippers and lining and even the Cordura on the outside are nowhere close to the quality of a protection racket.

Did you buy different bags than i did ? I bought one blue snare drum bag maybe six or eight months ago before they moved. It's fine enough for the price, but the zippers and lining and even the Cordura on the outside are nowhere close to the quality of a protection racket.

Mine are pretty nice. The interiors feel like those super-soft fleece blankets. Here's the ad I bought mine from:

I picked up a couple of sets when they had some B stock on Reverb quite a while back, and I am very pleased with them.

Classy looking!

Please do post an end of season review. Curious to hear how they hold up.

I will. I think it's sort of useless when people post "honeymoon" gear reviews. I understand that folks are excited and whatnot, but I like realistic reviews. I plan on taking these drums out and about this season with these bags quite a bit. I'll let y'all know how they hold up!

I bought both 12/14/20 and 13/16/22 sets since I needed cases for my Recording Customs. So far, I've been very impressed. But again-- I haven't really done much to drag that kit around since I bought the cases.

Man those are a really good price. You can get a 13/16/22/Snare and Cymbal bag for $250. Then cymbal bag goes for $129 on it's own. That's a great price. And judging from PPG, jayman dude, ineedaclutch and Neal, they are great quality as well. These are definitely on my radar.

Man those are a really good price. You can get a 13/16/22/Snare and Cymbal bag for $250. Then cymbal bag goes for $129 on it's own. That's a great price. And judging from PPG, jayman dude, ineedaclutch and Neal, they are great quality as well. These are definitely on my radar.

When I bought them off of reverb, I actually did the "make an offer," and they accepted and shipped very quickly. It was the easiest reverb transaction I've ever had.

Back