Barton Beech Kit !?!

Rolltide

Just played a Barton Beech kit 22 13 16 and 14x6 snare , wow I was blown away ! Any thoughts on this kit ?

I checked out their website. Thought it was the wide angle lens at first but it seemed every tension rod insert in the pictures look really splayed and nothing had anything close to a right angle, check out their snare photos. I like their drum bags though, would buy those.

Yeah, I see that. I'm pretty sure it's just the wide-angle lens though? I haven't seen any lug splay on Barton drums anywhere else.

I checked out their website. Thought it was the wide angle lens at first but it seemed every tension rod insert in the pictures look really splayed and nothing had anything close to a right angle, check out their snare photos. I like their drum bags though, would buy those.

That's lens distortion, not lug splay: the edges of the drum are parallel with the rods if you compare.

So I agree this snare link has lens distortion due to wide angle, even the shells are out of wack. But I checked out the full kit photos and many have issues as well, particularly on center lug rack toms.

Just played a Barton Beech kit 22 13 16 and 14x6 snare , wow I was blown away ! Any thoughts on this kit ?
I haven't played Bartons before, but I have a Sonor Vintage Series beech kit and it sounds great. I'm sold on beech as a drum shell material. Barton's beech kit is much less expensive. I'm sure there's a difference between European and North American beech, but I don't know how much that would impact the sound.

It might be, but I saw that they also had a kit on their website called "German Beech", so I assumed that the "Essential Beech" is from NA. But that's only a guess on my part.

Pictures, worth a 1000 words. Seeing something in person, priceless.

I've been interested in Barton stuff for a while, and I always tell myself my next kit is gonna be a Barton. But I can never seem to pull the trigger.

I picked one up about 6 months ago off reverb. Mine is orange and I've so far played 2 gigs and people love the looks of it.

It definitely sounds more old school than the last Pearl maple kit I had.

I've never had anything but maple, so I'm still getting used to it.

Back