Barrie Barlow 70th Birthday Greetings

blinky

Great, thanks for posting, I like the fact that Martin Barre, Clive Bunker and Doan Perry were featured, but where was Ian Anderson? Not a drummer but close associated nevertheless.

J-Boogie

Gold Member
My man....he was so gd good with Jethro Tull! Love his playing, happy bday to the man! Im gona don a hat and hike my gym socks up in his honor today!

J-Boogie

Gold Member
John Bonham on Barriemore Barlow:
"The greatest Rock Drummer England ever produced"

click:​
Honestly, not to seem too fickle, but the whole reason I went and checked him out and came to the table already liking him, a bit biased, was because of John Bonhams statement. I was not disappointed one tiny little bit, I cant say I disagree with Bonham. BB is the man!

Croc

Honestly, not to seem too fickle, but the whole reason I went and checked him out and came to the table already liking him, a bit biased, was because of John Bonhams statement. I was not disappointed one tiny little bit, I cant say I disagree with Bonham. BB is the man!
I was always a Clive Bunker fan (still am) and was really disheartened to hear that he wasn't going to be a member of JT any longer. There was this new guy, Barriemore Barlow, totally unknown to me. When "Thick" was released, I was bowled over at how tight this new guy was. When I saw him play live on that tour the first time, I was very impressed at how well he played and the good time he seemed to be having while doing so. Just a great player!

J-Boogie

Gold Member
Would have loved to have been at that show with ya Croc! I came to appreciate Clive after Barrie, oddly enough. Two powerhouses, but I think the main difference is what you pointed out, just how tight the new guy was! Great band, great musicians....Im not through with Jethro Tull yet.