Bar fights

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
A long time ago, I heard a guy say the best song a band can play during a bar fight was Silent Night.

Evidently, it can make guys stop in their tracks. It must be difficult, or at least awkward, to try to kick someone's ass when a Christmas hymn is playing in the background.
maybe I should sing that when my kids are fighting lol

Brandtwi

I think "No Way Jose" had the right idea but instead of "Rumble" which has a slower tempo, "Raw-Hide" by Link Wray has a better fight tempo - or "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet.

Gunther12

I would approach this situation in 1 way:

Stun Gun :)

I'm not saying you have to use it, but that noise it makes will snap anyone out of a fight as they get to close to you.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I would approach this situation in 1 way:

Stun Gun :)

I'm not saying you have to use it, but that noise it makes will snap anyone out of a fight as they get to close to you.
In Hawaii and Rhode Island stun guns are illegal for civilian possession. In Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin you need a permit for civilian possession. Pepper spray is legal to possess in all 50 states.

KamaK

Platinum Member
Pepper spray is legal to possess in all 50 states.
The problem with pepper spray is that it will indiscriminately affect the entire bar for the whole night. Its use will likely result in a quantifiable loss of revenue to the bar, which puts you in a position of civil liability. The other issue is the angry drunken mob you've just created.

The other issue is that PS doesn't immediately deter highly motivated individuals. I speak from experience, having been maced and managing to disarm and incapacitate the assailant prior to experiencing the second worst night of my life.

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Keep num chucks in your drum bag so you can go Bruce Lee on them or a minimum swing them around the radius of you kit as a helicopter protective system.

Last edited:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
The problem with pepper spray is that it will indiscriminately affect the entire bar for the whole night. Its use will likely result in a quantifiable loss of revenue to the bar, which puts you in a position of civil liability. The other issue is the angry drunken mob you've just created.

The other issue is that PS doesn't immediately deter highly motivated individuals. I speak from experience, having been maced and managing to disarm and incapacitate the assailant prior to experiencing the second worst night of my life.
True, I've been privy to second hand pepper spray, and yes it sucks bad.

Carrying weapons of any kind to protect yourself is really a touchy subject. What's legal in one place isn't necessarily so in another. While pepper spray may not be the best solution, it is legal everywhere.

Self defense training is probably the best solution for this scenario, but if you aren't trained, what do you do?