Band significant others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

braincramp

Gold Member
Freaking yoko ono bi+€h $&@$%+#%. Really. Really.

Sorry had to get that off my chest, feel a little better now. Feel free to delete this thread. Anyone know a good lead guitar player.

Did Yoko steal your rhythm guitar player too.? She does get around.

We practice 2x per month and play 12-16 gigs a year and that's too much time. He got the "me or them" choice. For what it's worth we are in our 50s not teens.

Historical correction. Yoko never 'stole John', she inserted herself in the Beatles circle, at the desire of John to do so. He was clearly enamoured with and needed her presence, all the time. So no need to blame Yoko. And Paul ended the Beatles, though George wanted a divorce long before that.

In the 'me or them' my guess is band loses.

Yeah, Yoko got in, didn't get him out.

Spouses inside the band shouldn't be a problem unless one has deeper relationship issues.

Without knowing the situation, a partner doesn't support one's passion.... Unless there are other real important priorities in the way....
Personal choice, but life's too short.

Might fit well in this thread.

Stupid Stuff Your "Spouse" Did Or Tried To Do?

I wonder if she has activities with her female friends that exclude him?

Historical correction. Yoko never 'stole John', she inserted herself in the Beatles circle, at the desire of John to do so. He was clearly enamoured with and needed her presence, all the time. So no need to blame Yoko. And Paul ended the Beatles, though George wanted a divorce long before that.

Yoko? Is that you? 😉

I dated and eventually moved in with the bass player in my band for a year and a half and never had a problem. She was really cool, lucky I guess.

This should be discussed within the first 10 minutes of any prospective relationship. How many times have we all witnessed a spousal unit not supporting band efforts? It's so sad.

Ya gotta be a pretty cruddy person to take music away from someone ya pretend to love.

Thank God for my wife.

I wouldn't put up with anyone taking music away from me. As someone before me said - life is too short.

I had an ex that I wouldn't let come to my gigs because of all the fights and jealousy involved.

Just how jealous would she get?

She actually called the sheriffs department to report that we were doing drugs at our rehearsal studio.

The only thing that saved us was she didn't know the address.

Last edited:
I had an ex that I wouldn't let come to my gigs because of all the fights and jealousy involved.

Just how jelous would she get?

She actually called the sheriffs department to report that we were doing drugs at our rehearsal studio.

The only thing that saved us was she didn't know the address.

LMAO - though sadly I can relate.

This should be discussed within the first 10 minutes of any prospective relationship. How many times have we all witnessed a spousal unit not supporting band efforts? It's so sad.

Ya gotta be a pretty cruddy person to take music away from someone ya pretend to love.

Thank God for my wife.

I wouldn't put up with anyone taking music away from me. As someone before me said - life is too short.

Absolutely, my wife understands completely what music means to me and I love her all the more for it.

Of course nothing to do with my wedding band income helping to pay for her horses.......

Dude, I hate this. I'm sort of dealing with this too right now. I've decided to let the other band members take the lead on when they want to practice and play. I'm good either way.

But, I'm really glad I have a day job.

What would we call women who piss other band members off and break bands up if Yoko hadn't existed. It's an internationally understood warning sign of someone with a psycho missus regardless of historical accuracy.

What would the male equivalent of a Yoko be?

Personally I prefer the Rutles take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1tdvH2L4U

She sounds incredibly selfish, which is incredibly common with band significant others.

Frankly, I lose a lot of respect for a dude who drops music for someone like that. Every time the subject comes up for me, I make it extremely clear that if the choice is "her or music", then my choice is music. Anyone who could take away something so important to me doesn't deserve me.

What would we call women who piss other band members off and break bands up if Yoko hadn't existed. It's an internationally understood warning sign of someone with a psycho missus regardless of historical accuracy.

Axyl Rose? Ritchie Blackmore? lol
I don't know, good question.

Axyl Rose? Ritchie Blackmore? lol

Not a heavy work schedule.. 12-16 gigs/year and practices 2x a month.

I could see cutting the practices down and replacing them with gigs..
But sounds' like the horse has left the barn.

Usually SO's come out with the 'girls' and have a good time. I think sometimes they do that to keep on eye on things.. but played a gig the other night and none of the SO's could make it.
My bass player called it a 'No-Yoko-night Lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back