Band Practice, My 60's Luds play Boston Plus...

Some good stuff there Bob :) Difficult to really let go in a kitchen. Band worked best in acoustic mode IMHO. On the rockier numbers, I felt the whole band needs to up the power to properly back up the vocalist. She has some pipes, & the current arrangements seem a little lightweight/one dimensional in that company. Hope you don't mind me saying it as I see it Bob.

Only criticism I can think of is that the couch on its side detracts from the feel of the video. Guys look uncomfortable standing around the kitchen. The music was great and singer can really dial it up.

Have you all been playing together for a while?

The room is actually a kitchen/living room. It has a 14' ceiling. It is part of my 800 square foot 2 room apartment. We practice there every other week. Normally the guitar players stand on the other side of the room and the bass player stands next to me. The guitar players stood in the kitchen area to get in the view of the Zoom Q2 cameras. I simply flip the couch on its side for more room and also so that the bass drum can be heard.
We have been playing together for two years and we only gig a few times a year. When we gig, we use a large PA and larger amps so we up the volume considerably. We were only using a Passport 500 Pro Portable Pa. I have a small Nady mini powered monitor next to me on a table so I can hear vocals. The video was just for fun and not meant to be a demo. We basically play for fun. It is our hobby.

I often wonder how that much sound can possibly come from such a small person as Robyn. I don't think that she weighs more than 110 pounds.

I enjoyed watching the clips, Bob. I had only seen you play jazz before. You groove equally expertly playing rock. Seems like a fun project to be involved in.

Thanks Taye, I was surprised at how even I was that night. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes :)
Andy, I wasn't offended by your comments, I just elaborated further on them :)
I will try to find some pics of Robyn on the net from her childhood Broadway days in Annie.
By the way, the lead guitar player is Robyn's hubby. He is the most reserved, soft spoken man that I know. Opposites attract I guess.
Here she is, Her stage name was Robyn Finn. http://annieorphans.com/notes/Robyn_Finn_-_Broadway_Cast

Last edited:
Back