Band member vs. cast member.

The neat question the SOT dilema poses is... What if you kept all of the old rotting pieces, individually refurbished them, and re-assembled a whole ship out of the original pieces.. Would that ship also be the SOT, despite there already being an existing one?
Even better: If a human stepped into a teleporter, their matter completely erased, moved, and reassembled at the new destination, are they still the same person?

The neat question the SOT dilema poses is... What if you kept all of the old rotting pieces, individually refurbished them, and re-assembled a whole ship out of the original pieces.. Would that ship also be the SOT, despite there already being an existing one?

The wikipedia you linked has a good writeup of the most common answers.

Even better: If a human stepped into a teleporter, their matter completely erased, moved, and reassembled at the new destination, are they still the same person?

Two Rikers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chances_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

Maybe they should have written more songs & contributed ideas & they would have more songs to play that represents the band Pink Floyd. Roger was the songwriter & lyricist. Jeez. If you wanna hear his songs you should go see him in concert. His band was better overall anyways.
Yes and no.

On some albums, Waters was the main songwriter, on the last few he was in the band, he wrote most of the music. And certainly, he was the creative leader.

But look at Dark Side of the Moon, and to an extend, Wish You Where Here, the writing credits are much more balanced. Prior to that, songwriting credits were even more balanced.

but most bands' lineups are fluid, and I'd guess that many bands have had lineup changes one member at a time, so what are they supposed to do? It reminds me a lot of the "Ship of Theseus" dilemma, if one board at a time is replaced until no original boards remain, is it the same ship?

That's an interesting point.

One could look at a band like Santana, who has so many line up changes, I don't think most people realize at one point it was a band, and not just Carlos and whomever. Yes is another band that has had so many line up changes, you need score care to keep track.

And then there are bands like Nine Inch Nails that was never an actual band per se.

And to be fair to Journey, Stever Perry was not an original member, and they made 3 albums before he joined. And by the time they made Escape, it was only 2 of the 5 people who had been on the first album, though it was a slow Evolution as different members had their Departure at different points in time.

The vast majority of the cells in your current body were created from building blocks from foods that you ate. Are you about 60% chicken, 30% cattle, 10% swine? ?
I would say 50% rice and beans, 25% vegetables, 10% meat, 10% bread, 5% cookies. That last 5% is slowly killing me.

I feel like when I was 100% pizza life was much easier.

Come to think of it, doesn't YES currently, exist without any original members?

OK, I looked it up, and technically true, but they do have Steve Howe back from their popular 70's line up, so he's close enough.

Come to think of it, doesn't YES currently, exist without any original members?

OK, I looked it up, and technically true, but they do have Steve Howe back from their popular 70's line up, so he's close enough.
Steve Howe - The Clap, is one of my favorite guitar solos.

Back