Band Mascots - Am I the only one?

Peedy

Our band has a mascot, and his name it Bob. Am I the only one? Pic-1 is in situ. Pic-2 is how he'll probably look this weekend.

Any others out there in drumming land? Put up a pic.

Pete

ps - Bob likes sunshine in the morning, long walks on the beach with his special someone and sick riffs on his Premier drum kit.

Bob1.jpgBob2.jpg

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
This could be a first on me, mascots. Sports teams have them, but I can't think of any bands that do. You could be onto something, a mascot and it's popular spin off items for merch. The band could be just a vehicle to promote the mascot and it's related products. Hmmm. Maybe focusing on the music this whole time has been the financial holdback...

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I always thought it would be cool to have a big ol' blue tick hound or a bloodhound lay somewhere around my drum set whenever I played somewhere. Like no matter the stage or venue, I'd have that dog with me.

KamaK

Platinum Member
While I don't have a mascot, I do have a gremlin....

For the better part of a month I thought my Renown FT had issues. It was constantly coming out of tune. Then I saw the following.

audioragegarden

This could be a first on me, mascots. Sports teams have them, but I can't think of any bands that do. You could be onto something, a mascot and it's popular spin off items for merch. The band could be just a vehicle to promote the mascot and it's related products. Hmmm. Maybe focusing on the music this whole time has been the financial holdback...
Metal is probably the most prevalent genre in regard to mascots. Eddie, Vic Rattlehead, Not Man, Papa Emeritus (doubles as singer), etc.

Peedy

Metal is probably the most prevalent genre in regard to mascots. Eddie, Vic Rattlehead, Not Man, Papa Emeritus (doubles as singer), etc.
Yep, totally my bad for not being clearer. Doesn't have to be a dressed up stormtrooper. As a teenage metalhead in the 80s, these guys lived in my closet. Dio was actually the first band I ever saw live and thus my very first concert t. Pretty sure the pastor would stroke out if Murray was standing up front by the drum kit.

Pete

Dio.jpgIron Maiden.jpgQuiet Riot.jpg

Edit - couldn't resist. Bob as avatar

Last edited:

Peedy

We had a blow-up sheep named Snowflake. She would get kicked around the mosh pit quite a bit. It was quite entertaining.
Got any pics? Last time I moshed was at a Five Iron Frenzy concert in 96. 7 footer/300lbs. . . not good. Jumped up and came down on some guys foot.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Got any pics? Last time I moshed was at a Five Iron Frenzy concert in 96. 7 footer/300lbs. . . not good. Jumped up and came down on some guys foot.
Haha I hide behind y'all tree trunk folks so as not to end up in the pit!

I don't have pics. This was 20-25 years ago. I'm sure someone somewhere has some.

The sheep started as a prop for a joke country song we wrote. It just sorta evolved from there. If memory serves, she died a pretty brutal death. She lasted a few years of getting kicked, but eventually got trampled. Poor Snowflake.