Band EP Launch/Follow up on Lazy guitarists thread

Galadrm

My band had their EP launch last night. Despite several problems: minimal PA, broken guitar string during second song, bass rig shut down because of shitty stage power, we managed to push on with almost no one in the crowd noticing. We had a great energetic crowd and large turnout so it was great to be able to feed off the energy and not let the technical issues that happened get into our head. Have you guys had gigs where everything seemed to go wrong but the sheer energy and intensity kept you going?

As a follow on to my lazy guitarist thread, after deciding to save our band earnings in a band account rather than divide them up after each show, we managed to save a good deal of money. The problem before was if money was divided up after each show, pretty much everyone in the band would blow it on alcohol, going out, or girlfriends. With the amount we had saved, I suggested we split it up equally, and use it strictly for band reinvestment and to help enforce this make a list of exactly what would be purchased with our money so there could be no arguments. Now I am happy, as both guitarists and bass player now have pedal tuners, and the difference it made to our set was just fantastic with silent 5 second tuning changes. Anyway I suggest that your band use this method of saving and reinvestment if you have certain members that have trouble buying the essentials for their instrument.

I played an outdoor gig once running on a portable generator. Of course it went out halfway through our set. Crowd was really into it, great band energy and then wammo. Of course everyone starts looking at me for some reason so I start soloing, probably the worst solo in the history of drums but every was still loving it. After what seemed like an eternity which was really about 10 minutes, someone got the generator running again. Fun gig. To this day I don't do solos. Lol

Galadrm

I played an outdoor gig once running on a portable generator. Of course it went out halfway through our set. Crowd was really into it, great band energy and then wammo. Of course everyone starts looking at me for some reason so I start soloing, probably the worst solo in the history of drums but every was still loving it. After what seemed like an eternity which was really about 10 minutes, someone got the generator running again. Fun gig. To this day I don't do solos. Lol
Hahah wow that sounds like the riskiest setup ever! Of course the generator had to go. Well done on your improvisation to get the band through it, also just makes you admire the fact that drums are not affected by electricity drop outs. For some reason the natural acoustic ability of drums is a thing of beauty to me.

Glad to see you're making progress. Way to go man.
Thanks!