Neil Peart RIP

Such a loss.

Huge influence on me and thousands more.

Shocked.

Stunned.

Such a loss to me, to music, to Canada, and to the world.

I am beyond devastated..........

Confirmed by the band themselves

Wow. So sad. One of my all time favorites. He will be missed.

well. I am done. No reason to go on. He was pretty much the driving force of my being what I am today...

I knew this was coming, but figured it would be another 10 years.

Hearts out to Lerxt and Bytor, and all of Rush nation!!!

Rough

While I was never a big fan of Rush, I always felt this was an absolutely beautiful song:

RIP Neal. There is unrest in the forest for sure ☹

dude...this made me cry...now I can't face my students!!! This is goign to be my new Sig quote

Too much to handle right now....ugh...

What a guy.......

Glad I had the pleasure twice. This year sucks already!

Sleep tight big guy

I just had a friend text me he passed. Still can't believe it. Gotta say, I teared up a bit. Loved his drumming.

Wow! Neil Peart was my first inspiration as a teenager in the late 70s just getting serious on the drums. I eventually moved on to jazz but always remembered that influential album, "Exit Stage Left". The YYZ transcription I posted I didn't quite figure out until years later, after realizing I had it wrong for a couple of decades. Not grossly wrong, but wrong nonetheless. But the birth of that transcription came from hours rewinding a microcassette recorder on slow speed LOL.

Anyway, I first saw Rush in concert at the Birmingham Civic Center in the late 80s. Then a second and last time at the Portland Moda Center in 2015 for their R40 Tour.

R.I.P. Neil Peart!

This is truly shocking and sad. I've been a huge fan for over 40 years. A year or two back I said a couple of things about Neil on this forum I truly regret now. A true professional. I feel for his wife and Daughter. Plus, I believe both his parents are still living. All that tragedy in the late 90's and now this. Such a sad situation.

Shocking news. It’s very sad. 67,,,

Back