Bad news for Bosphorus fans

tamadrm

Platinum Member
I saw this posted on another drum forum today,and the info there is pretty spot on.Cymbal Masters,who imports Bosphorus,will no longer be doing so.They site the cymbal maker just can't keep up with demand.

Sorry fans.I hope Bosphorus can sort out their production problems,of prehaps fins a new distributor.

Steve B

toddbishop

Platinum Member
I'm sure they'll get that sorted out-- this should be a good opportunity for a distributor willing to deal with a flaky manufacturer (I assume that's what's going on here?).

I've kind of moved away from my Bosphoruses recently-- they're great instruments, but I'm finding they're just too delicate sounding for live playing that is not either very low volume or very well amplified.

Chunkaway

Silver Member
I'm sure they'll get that sorted out-- this should be a good opportunity for a distributor willing to deal with a flaky manufacturer (I assume that's what's going on here?).

I've kind of moved away from my Bosphoruses recently-- they're great instruments, but I'm finding they're just too delicate sounding for live playing that is not either very low volume or very well amplified.
Love Bosphorus, but this definitely has scared me from buying any of their products (for a while at least, until they get this situation figured out).

I never have had a problem with Bosphorus and volume issues. Istanbul Agops have been problematic for me, in relation to not enough volume. Having said that, I hate how heavy/thick Zildjians tend to be. I pass them up every time for those reasons. Yes they are loud, but for anything besides full-blown rock, they are overkill.

jornthedrummer

Silver Member
"We are quite proud of the work we've done with Bosphorus Cymbals, but a long standing inability for them to consistently provide us with cymbals proved to be untenable," says Michael Vosbein.

I read that as long leadtime/out of stock/delivery precision problems. Not quality problems with the cymbals themselves.

thx

jorn

dmacc_2

Love Bosphorus, but this definitely has scared me from buying any of their products (for a while at least, until they get this situation figured out).

I never have had a problem with Bosphorus and volume issues. Istanbul Agops have been problematic for me, in relation to not enough volume. Having said that, I hate how heavy/thick Zildjians tend to be. I pass them up every time for those reasons. Yes they are loud, but for anything besides full-blown rock, they are overkill.
I don't think Bosphorus will be an issue. I'd still consider their cymbals for any additional purchase I needed from them. I also happen to love some Istanbuls as well.

Add me as one who's never had volume issues with either Bosphorus or Istanbuls.

Cymbalsonly.com I think is still going to handle the Bosphorus product as well.