Bad Drum Photography

JohnRick

It’s pretty easy to spot the ads placed by non-drummers. Besides the fact that two of the toms are upside down, were they asking $30,000 + $800 shipping?

That one is a given. As mentioned, the other issues are something else. Even if I wasn't a Premier connoisseur my dead grandmother could spot a hilarious setup. But I still don't like drums outside. Unless it's a stadium gig.

And the price for this wee one is quite fair actually. But I already have five kits (two Genista, two Renowns, one Yamaha). For this older XPK in Deep Purple seller wants the equivalent of 400 USD.

Suburbankidz

It's kind of creepy when you see an "Elf on a Shelf" doll in the reflection of a used snare for sale. This was the only photo in the advert.
It makes me wonder if:

a). The snare has been for sale for over 6 months (Elf on a Shelf is an Xmas time item) and I saw the advertisement in JULY. So maybe it isn't selling because it has a defect or damage?

b). The snare is possibly haunted (although we're not seeing a Chuckie doll or a clown toy in the reflection so maybe we're safe :unsure: )

c). the music instrument retailer has an employee with an odd sense of humor.

d) all of the above.

Ludwig snare elf on a shelf photo 2 sized down.PNG

Last edited:
Even if you didn't know the first thing about drums, the upside-down "P"s on the Premier badges are dead giveaways that those toms are upside-down. Illiterate perhaps?

And what the hell is going on with those hi hat cymbals?

View attachment 106010
Obviously, that's not an upside-down "P". It's a "d" which stands for "drum"
The hi hat is lifted an extra inch that way to enable maximum bashing on a semi-open hi hat.

SomeBadDrummer

It's kind of creepy when you see an "Elf on a Shelf" doll in the reflection of a used snare for sale. This was the only photo in the advert.
It makes me wonder if:

a). The snare has been for sale for over 6 months (Elf on a Shelf is an Xmas time item) and I saw the advertisement in JULY. So maybe it isn't selling because it has a defect or damage?

b). The snare is possibly haunted (although we're not seeing a Chuckie doll or a clown toy in the reflection so maybe we're safe :unsure: )

c). the music instrument retailer has an employee with an odd sense of humor.

d) all of the above.

View attachment 106013
I’ll go with door D for all the marbles Monte!