Axis eKit equivalent for non-Axis pedals?

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Hey guys!

Just as the name implies, I'm looking for a unit that is similar to the eKit but can fit on other pedals, specifically Iron Cobras.

I've run into issues with my Roland RT-30K kick trigger not being compatible with heads that have muffling on the outside (such as the EMAD) and seeing as I'm using house kits a lot of the time and the EMAD is fairly common, I'd like to make sure I have a solution in place before it's an issue.

Thanks!

-Jonathan

beyondbetrayal

Platinum Member
It RT-30K works fine on the emad..

THe foam rests on the little ring but I have used it many times. I may have it on one right now. Or an aquarian with the ring. but I know its fine. If it's your personal kit just cut a little piece of plastic off too from the ring.

The equivalent to the ekits is axis NEW triggers called the E3. It mounts under the footboard and the pedal drops down and hits it. It sticks to the base of any pedal.

Here is a video I made of them. I replaced the plastic washers with metal ones from the hardware store as it was slipping a bit and works MUCH better. I think they fixed that in the design though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HblBh8iK5w

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
The triggera product doesn't look like the cabling would work with a double pedal. Or at least my pedal; the beaters are quite close.

The other one looks interesting, although my initial impression is that it looks cheaply made. The hammer looks like it could loosen quite easily. I'll look into some reviews though. Thanks!

It RT-30K works fine on the emad..

THe foam rests on the little ring but I have used it many times. I may have it on one right now. Or an aquarian with the ring. but I know its fine. If it's your personal kit just cut a little piece of plastic off too from the ring.

The equivalent to the ekits is axis NEW triggers called the E3. It mounts under the footboard and the pedal drops down and hits it. It sticks to the base of any pedal.

Here is a video I made of them. I replaced the plastic washers with metal ones from the hardware store as it was slipping a bit and works MUCH better. I think they fixed that in the design though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HblBh8iK5w
I messed around with it quite a bit and I kept getting weird glitches that didn't seem to correspond to the sensitivity/threshold settings. It's more than possible that it's just me, but it just feels safer to not have to rely on the head for proper triggering if I'm using someone else's kit.

I love the look of the E3 though, thank you!!

-Jonathan