Axis A Longboards Double Pedal Settings

bud7h4

Silver Member
I asked Axis about the thee spring configuration. They replied that it is to facilitate easily swapping from two single pedals to a double pedal.

It allows you to keep the left pedal configured as single pedal, and when you switch to a double pedal the additional slave spring (on the main pedal) is there so you don't have to adjust the left pedal spring every time you switch from two pedals to a double pedal.

There's no reason for the additional spring if you never configure the pedals independently. It has nothing to do with actually making the slave pedal feel or perform better than using just the two heavy springs.

Just thought I'd share that since I'm sure most people probably don't email Axis about it.

Last edited:
I asked Axis about the thee spring configuration. They replied that it is to facilitate easily swapping from two single pedals to a double pedal.

It allows you to keep the left pedal configured as single pedal, and when you switch to a double pedal the additional slave spring (on the main pedal) is there so you don't have to adjust the left pedal spring every time you switch from two pedals to a double pedal.

There's no reason for the additional spring if you never configure the pedals independently. It has nothing to do with actually making the slave pedal feel or perform better than using just the two heavy springs.

Just thought I'd share that since I'm sure most people probably don't email Axis about it.
Awesome, that I did not know! I always thought it was for that.
Thanks for clarifying!