Awesome Forum Members

jmeirhofer

Just wanted to give a shout out where due. I had the opportunity to meet Matt from this forum last week. What a genuinely good guy. Talked some drums, talked some Disney and had a few laughs. It was amazing to see and be aware what he pulls off every night. I have been going multiple times a year for many years and will never look at the light and sound the same again.

He was particularly helpful with a problem I had striking the right tom rim with my right hand. Needless to day the constant hitting was chipping away at and breaking all my right hand sticks. Just a slight ergonomic adjustment and I have not hit it since.

Now what to do with all the extra left handed sticks.

And a shout back at ya' Jim! Good to meet you and your temporary wife ;)

I'd like to point out that Jim bought food at the House of Blues, which I countered by buying us all ice cream on Main St. Good times were had by all - they caught me in a good position as I went on some rides, did some shopping, totally breaking the rules.

I've been fired now. Thanks Jim.

Just kidding ;)

It is good to know my rant on re-positioning stuff has helped someone else. In the spirit of Jim's re-positioning, today I tilted stuff a little more and it feels even more comfortable now. I don't know if I've physically changed or have been forcing myself to conform to the instrument all these years - which I think is normal, considering I couldn't really do anything about changing up my acoustic piano, right?

LOL. I did not see you rant until last night. Pretty weird that I would be asking you those questions the day after you posted that. You must have thought I was yanking your chain. But I did truly take it to heart and it worked like a charm. I can really feel a difference.

LOL. I did not see you rant until last night. Pretty weird that I would be asking you those questions the day after you posted that. You must have thought I was yanking your chain. But I did truly take it to heart and it worked like a charm. I can really feel a difference.

Very cool. Today I went back to one rack tom ;)

I feel so excluded right now :(

Superman should never feel excluded. Just hiding near the phone booth.

Back