Awesome fill I have a question about

Crydevil

Hello everyone,

I have a small question concerning the John Bonham fill on Celebration Day (Led Zeppelin III). He plays it at about 1:52, and it appears to be a continuation of flams.
I was wondering if someone could go into detail on this fill, because I'm not good at fill anatomy :p. Or it would be nice if someone had a video with a similar fill available :D.

Thanks a million in advance guys :D

Greets !
Crydevil

stasz

Platinum Member
Man his snare sounds great on that song! Like every other zeppelin track, really. Anyway the fill to me doesn't quite sound like just flams over and over but instead a pattern that goes flam-tap-tap-bass. The pattern is played on sixteenth notes starting on beat one of the fill bar. I actually think the first beat is just tap-tap-tap-bass with no flam on the "1", and beat four sounds like just tap-bass on the counts "4 &", or on eighth notes. There are accents on each beat.

For sticking there a number of options. I would probably do RLRB (note that the first right hand note is a flam). Another option is RRLB, or a right-handed swiss triplet.

Crydevil

Hey man, thanks for the reply :D.

Well, I've looked into it, and you're definitely right about the fill being not all flams, which also came to my mind when I heard it again after the first post (been a while :D).
But yeah, I guess now it's just figuring out what's easiest for me, and practice, practice, practice, till I get it right :D.

Thanks man !

Greets !
Crydevil