Attractive male drummers

lowdowner

Drummers are often the most energetic, involved, and passionately active members of a band - that makes them sexy - it's about how you move and get involved, not about how 'pretty' you are, that's what makes you sexy/attractive :)

drumkat

We should have a DW handsome pageant (as opposed to a beauty pageant) to settle this. Obviously Swiss, Grunt, Watso, Drumkat, are all contenders.

Anon, Baby Bob, Madge, Caz, Mary O!, and any other female members will have to judge it.

So post your beefcake pics.

Larryace, you ol' smoothie!

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Well done, Lar - strike a blow for equality!

I wonder how such a thread can go this far without reference to Benny Greb? I've not heard of Scott Travis but he's nicely put together.

Below is a nice Aussie boy, Rob Hirst of Midnight Oil. I'll never forget first seeing him at a Save the Whales concert at the now long-defunct Stagedoor Tavern in the Paleozoic Era. He was playing Dust from their first album (have a listen - great old Aussie RnR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ruHzoMO7Q8).

Just as I was walking into the bar he was hammering out fast Moonish fills as the sweat sprayed off him, his huge shoulders and biceps glistening under the lights. Man oh man, he ticked all the boxes and it was love at first sight. Back then I actually had a libido. I saw those guys live a helluva lot afterwards. No no no, I never got to know them in either the personal or biblical sense :)

Arky

Platinum Member
I wonder how such a thread can go this far without reference to Benny Greb? I've not heard of Scott Travis but he's nicely put together.
Nice to see that someone finally mentioned that Grebfruity guy from Germany ;-)

As far as I know Scott Travis prefers the butt end of the drumsticks to hit his drumset - according to a video I've seen, he does so to get more punch. -> Hulk indeed.

drumkat

I thought this was a photo of the guy who's going to be on Doctor Who next year.
Rob has been considered by many to be the greatest Rock drummer to come out of Australia.

He once performed an unplugged gig with the band and he had a corrugated iron water tank set up next to his kit and he performed an amazing sticking pattern/solo on the edge of the tank....it was amazing

This guy is a POWERFUL man musically and physically

His arms are damn fine and muscular

Midnight oil had a song called "power and the passion"

Had a great rock drum solo

Check it out on YouTube

There was one show in Queensland here in oz and there was a lightning storm as he was performing his solo.....AMAZING

He is a no nonsense player....with endurance in spades

I reckon he could make even MEN blush!!!

Thank you to whoever brought him into this discussion

Admittedly, age catches up with everyone.....even ol' drumkat

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Henri, nice to have Benny grateful to me. Now it's a matter of working out how to use the good will to advantage ...

Starship, given that Rob used to play in a group that described as a sci fi/surf music band I imagine he'd jump at the chance to play Doctor Who.

Drumkat, yep, you get it.

:)

Questlove. Dave Grohl. Billy Cobham. More Germans ... Thomas Lang and good ole Davey Floegel :) ... not to mention Larryace!

Magenta

Platinum Member
We should have a DW handsome pageant (as opposed to a beauty pageant) to settle this. Obviously Swiss, Grunt, Watso, Drumkat, are all contenders.

Anon, Baby Bob, Madge, Caz, Mary O!, and any other female members will have to judge it.

So post your beefcake pics.
Show us your chops, once in a swimsuit and once in evening dress.

whitecatcafe

Dennis Wilson. All the way.

By the way, Dave Grohl is NOT attractive, in my humble opinion. He has horse - like features, especially his mouth area. He was smart enough to grow a bread to hide his horse mouth. Sorry Grohl fans....

boltzmann's brain

well, i've been told by more than one person (male and female) that i smell pretty good, i'm not hideously ugly (there was one girl who actually thought i was good looking), and there was this one guy who thought i'm a good drummer, so, i think it does matter. i also get a lot of compliments on my neckties.