ATTACK - 30 Seconds To Mars - Drum Cover

rhumbagirl

Nice playing! Just curious, are you mixing your drums into your headphone mix, and if so, are you bypassing the DAW drum processing or including it? I find I get substantial delay - 50ms - if I include DAW processed drums in my headphone mix (Scarlet 18i20 with AbletonLive on a macbook). Thanks!

Last edited:

drumfiles

I actually do, without any processing of the drums. I just need to hear myself - it doesn't need to sound good ;)

I use cubase elements and also a Scarlett 18i20 and an Octopre expansion. And a macbook pro i5.

rhumbagirl

I actually do, without any processing of the drums. I just need to hear myself - it doesn't need to sound good ;)

I use cubase elements and also a Scarlett 18i20 and an Octopre expansion. And a macbook pro i5.
Well, I can't seem to get enough volume from my kick in my headphones. I've got:
- Shure Beta52 sitting right in the port hole opening of the kick resonant (this is the best pickup location I've found)
- The input gain maxed as high as it will go without redlining (the little knob on the front of the 18i20).
- The MixControl fader for the kick maxed, and the other faders reduced
- The MixControl Master fader maxed
- DAW 1/2 (carrying the song mp3) fader reduced
- The headphone volume maxed (and my headphones are wired and noise canceling)

I know we drummers are supposed to lose some hearing over time, but I've only been playing this way for 6 months or so.

EDIT: I'm using Bose QuietComfort 25 over-the-ear headphones, plugged into a 3.5mm 4-contact to 3-contact adapter, plugged into a 3.5mm to 1/4in adapter, plugged into the 18i20 headphone jack.

Last edited:

rhumbagirl

That should work, thanks. I was needing a headphone splitter anyway for having band rehearsals in the future.