Atlas hardware and bags.

gmiller598

I have complete Atlas hardware on my Classic Maple kit. Atlas Rail, Atlas Mount on the 12x8 rack tom and Atlas floor tom legs on the 14x14 and 16x16 drums.

For any and all bags that exist, do I need to go up 2 inches on the diameter size for them to fit? Do the floor toms need to go up more due to the 3 mounts? I'm looking at getting some H&B Galaxy bags but I want to make sure they are appropriately sized. I'm just curious on what fits best.

Peter256

I have Humes & Berg Galaxy cases. These cases are roomy, I have had other soft cases that were not as roomy. There is just enough room for the bd to fit. Zipper closes easily. See picture below. The floor tom and rack tom also fit in thes bags.
20190727_084835.jpg

gmiller598

That is exactly what I needed to know. The snare bags I got seem to be roomy. If I can get a 14x14 in the correct sized bag with the 3 mounts than I should be fine.

Peter256

My 9x13 with ATLAS and 16x16 with 3 ATLAS mounts fit. The key with the 16x16 is to put the bag on from the top first. But there are no issues getting the zippers closed. There is not a lot of extra room but it works fine.

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
I have three Atlas mounts on my bass drum (two on the top for the tom rail, and one next to those for my ride cymbal) and it's a tight fit in a Protection Racket bag, mostly likely due to the legs and mounts adding more diameter then the bag is designed for. It zips close, but there's a noticeable strain on the zipper and it feels like sometimes I can only close it 80%. Useable but perhaps not ideal depending on how frequently you gig. Maybe bring your drums with you when shopping for bags?

-Jonathan

gmiller598

I have three Atlas mounts on my bass drum (two on the top for the tom rail, and one next to those for my ride cymbal) and it's a tight fit in a Protection Racket bag, mostly likely due to the legs and mounts adding more diameter then the bag is designed for. It zips close, but there's a noticeable strain on the zipper and it feels like sometimes I can only close it 80%. Useable but perhaps not ideal depending on how frequently you gig. Maybe bring your drums with you when shopping for bags?

-Jonathan
Unfortunately that is the hard part. Nobody here carries much of anything in stock to try out in different varieties and sizes. My local shop may have a couple of things I could check out but I have 20" bass drum and I'm thinking any inventory they may have is most likely for a 22". I will certainly ask if and what they have available but hopefully there are other out there who might know from experience what works and what doesn't in the various brands.