At nearly 60, my first ever drum cover!

Andy

Honorary Member
I normally have no time for drum covers, but decided on a bit of Corona isolation fun, with a sprinkling of 80's cheese :)
Kinda winging it, & yes, I know the guitar solo speeds up, but it does on the backing track, so I went with it (no click).
Anyhow, it lifted my mood :)

A notable shout out to my mahogany snare for taking up 80's "phat" duties :)

Nice Andy! Love that mahogany snare.

Those Pine shells sound pretty good...or is that Luan? and lets be honest....... you were nearly 60 about 15 years ago!

sounded great. The Tom's could have been a bit louder. But hey I'm half deaf so. I'll be 60 in a couple more days. I did my first cover probably about eight or ten years ago. And I thought I was the last one to get that done LOL. Sounded good Andy

Great sound! I'm diggin' the drum face, too. ?

love it Andy!!!

sounded great. The Tom's could have been a bit louder. But hey I'm half deaf so. I'll be 60 in a couple more days. I did my first cover probably about eight or ten years ago. And I thought I was the last one to get that done LOL. Sounded good Andy
Thank you! I mixed the drum balance approximately as I would a song track, & I think the toms are about right in that context, but I probably should have lifted things a bit in the context of a drum cover :( Sounds decent through my headphones with a bit of volume though.

I like Tama, but no.

Guru, I'd think.
indeed :)

Those Pine shells sound pretty good...or is that Luan?
Yes, they're Tama ')

Great sound! I'm diggin' the drum face, too. ?
Thanks, & yes, plenty of facial "dexterity" ?

Yay! You do have a phat sounding snare!
Yes :) Of course, I can make pretty much most of my snares sound "phat", & 13" x 7" size is especially good at that, but it's the big mahogany's party trick, & it doesn't get out much, so why not let it fly eh! :)

The other useful feature for adjusting phat recording sounds, is the symphonic strainer. The wire / chord selection offers many choices, and not just with wire sound. Using just the centre wire allows the drum note to really extend, giving almost a short "boom" to the delivery. You can then tame that with a bit of top head dampening to taste.

Mahogany snare 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back