ASMR Drumming

Do people actually get into this?

Do people actually get into this?

For me it's usually other triggers, like sitting next to an old guy who is smoking a pipe, or watching someone do something quiet and repetitive. Hard to explain to those whom have never experienced it, but it's a fantastic relaxing rush, like a drug. Been feeling that since I was a kid but only recently learned there was an actual name for it.

Brian, could you explain in terms I can understand just what you are referring to? This is all new to me, and I'm not understanding what AMSR is. I looked it up on Wiki, but I'd like to hear from a person who actually experiences it.

Brian, could you explain in terms I can understand just what you are referring to? This is all new to me, and I'm not understanding what AMSR is. I looked it up on Wiki, but I'd like to hear from a person who actually experiences it.

I used to describe it as "forehead tingles" when I was little. Of course that just got strange looks from grown-ups who had no idea what I was talking about. I've heard it described as a trance-like state, but I don't meditate so have no way to compare that. Bob Ross, the painter guy on PBS used to affect me like that, hearing the tapping of the brush, etc. It's like your whole scalp is covered in tingly glitter for lack of a better analogy. Sorry I can't verbalize it any better, other than to say it's the most relaxed and tranquil I can be under the influence of natural brain chemicals.

Back