Arse.....

SquadLeader

Gold Member
Bought a new motorhome to replace our old camper van last week.

Thought I'd covered everything...

Found out earlier today that my bass drum doesn't fit through the door.

Oops

Had a similar problem with the latest old house reno. Bass drums, 18"depth, in hard cases won't fit through the doors.

Easy, just install a cat flap big enough to fit the bass drum through.

....Then get a very large cat to justify it even more, like a lion or tiger. Whichever one is bigger.

Seriously guys. Tis no laughing matter. Well, it is. My wife and I spent months trying to source THE perfect motorhome within our budget and had a tick box as long as an arm.

D'oh

Desperately hope it will squeeze in through the front doors...gulp

Seriously guys. Tis no laughing matter. Well, it is. My wife and I spent months trying to source THE perfect motorhome within our budget and had a tick box as long as an arm.

D'oh

I'm sorry for your situation. Can you buy a smaller matching bass drum that would fit? It might be a cheaper solution than swapping your motor home.

Dismantle the motor home and rebuild it around your bass drum. Simples!

Seriously, you can't fit it in the passenger seat? The heck with the wife, let her sit in the back with the mutt. hehehe.

Found out earlier today that my bass drum doesn't fit through the door.

The interior of this RV has storage space for a full kit? What kind of beast is this? Aren't there large exterior storage spaces between the wheel wells?

Seriously guys. Tis no laughing matter. Well, it is. My wife and I spent months trying to source THE perfect motorhome within our budget and had a tick box that turned out to be one item shorter than it should have been.

D'oh

Fixed it for ya (the comment, not the motorhome).

No need to thank. ;)

Then there's this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g_GeQR8fJo

LOL at fess's post.

Aw man that sucks! (said like Maxwell Smart) Missed it by that much!

Eagerly awaiting the results of the front door entry attempt.

You could take off the hoops like Kamak mentioned. It would have to fit then.

Just don't put them back on until you take it out again :)

I'm gobsmacked that detail slipped your drum addicted eye. For shame!

So a motorhome and drumset. Are you going to just play the drums wherever you stay for the night? Is that the plan? If so get a bop kit.

Back