Are you using a backrest?

jimb

Just watched a massive U2 out door show, drummer uses what looks like a basic office operators chair with large back rest.

RickP

Gold Member
I have two thrones without a backrest and one with . I prefer the throne with the backrest ( Roc N Soc tractor style nitro ) but it takes up more room in the car to transport and it is heavier than my other thrones .
I generally just lean against the backrest between songs or during breaks . I prefer to use this throne at rehearsals where there are more stoppages than at a gig .

I have pnuematic Pearl drum throne that I purchased at the start of the Pandemic and it is very comfortable and lightweight in comparison to my Roc N Soc so it has been seeing the state time so far this year .

Icetech

Gold Member
so.. got my backrest for my roc n soc and not sure how you guys that use them are setting them up.. If i put it back to where i just use it between songs, i can't hit my FT or right side crash without elbowing it, if i put it so it's against my back while playing it's not so bad.. but is going to take getting used to..

Honestly, they should make that backrest like 1/2 the width it is..

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Next rhythm in the track drops to 16ths on the feet and I can play it with my metaphorical eyes closed.
If you learn heel/toe, you can turn those 16th into 32nds with just a shift of the foot. Your leg motion wont change.

cbphoto

Gold Member
so.. got my backrest for my roc n soc and not sure how you guys that use them are setting them up.. If i put it back to where i just use it between songs, i can't hit my FT or right side crash without elbowing it, if i put it so it's against my back while playing it's not so bad.. but is going to take getting used to..

Honestly, they should make that backrest like 1/2 the width it is..
Mine applies constant Light pressure to my lumbar.