Are you still happy?

felonious69

Silver Member
I won't preach to anyone but I can point you in a good direction
For a long time, I was afflicted with Directile Dysfunction.
Things are looking up now.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
You recently stated how grateful you are for your wife's happiness. Can't help but wonder if this helps with that if not just a little.
I know with my GF it helps A LOT!
Helps me too.
My doctor asked me once how much I drank...
"All of it".
It's been quite the ride of trial and error with meds for my wife. For the past 2.5 years or so she has finally been on a mix that works. Before that was meds that didnt work, stays at the nut house, suicide attempts, cutting, and just overall misery in her head. Our way of life has changed also for the better. I would go to work, she would stay home. That didnt help either, my wife needs to get out and be social. So for the past 20 months or so I stay home and she has a part time job. I get a ton of work done around the house, she gets out of the house and can interact with others. Neither one of us is under any stress now.

I'm sure no alcohol helps, but having the correct meds is key here. For my wife anyways. No alcohol helps me for sure. I'm positive my liver would thank me profusely.

cbphoto

Gold Member
I'm sure no alcohol helps, but having the correct meds is key here. For my wife anyways. No alcohol helps me for sure. I'm positive my liver would thank me profusely.
Years ago, I found myself feeling down and negative and all-around pissy every day. I became annoyed when the phone rang and I “had” to work. I became annoyed at petty things (kids didn’t mow the lawn, gotta rake the leaves, etc.). At breakfast one morning, my youngest spawn asks me, “Dad, are you mad?” I was not, but my vibe was not one of peace. And when my 9-year old asked that innocently, and with honest care in his heart about me, I knew something was wrong.

I quit beer that day. (Every day I was having 3-6 pints at home after work.) After the first week of mental adjustment and fighting off the habit of lifestyle, I began to feel better and feel more optimistic. During this post-beer time I went to my dermatologist to get my face sliced up (i.e., remove skin cancer). He was an excellent doctor; witty, funny, caring and very good at the Mohs surgery technique. While sitting on the bench as he’s blasting my face with liquid nitrogen, I tell him about my experience of feeling better after stopping all my beer drinking.

He took a step back and exclaimed, “Of course you do! Alcohol is a depressant.“ Then he prattled on, while whittling on my face, about how alcohol is digested and what happens to the liver and pancreas and upper GI tract and holy poopfire they didn’t teach me that at college.

felonious69

Silver Member
Also helped me to finally be able to afford a drum set, more guitar goods, keyboard...fun stuff!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
He took a step back and exclaimed, “Of course you do! Alcohol is a depressant.“ Then he prattled on, while whittling on my face, about how alcohol is digested and what happens to the liver and pancreas and upper GI tract and holy poopfire they didn’t teach me that at college.
They also didnt explain that the alcohol itself is the product of bacterial (yeast) feces. When I learned that I really started to question what exactly I was doing.

someguy01

Gold Member
As another friend of Bill, I also am almost at 6 years on the wagon.
Here in America, everything is sponsored by alcohol. Every sporting event has a beer attached to it, every other advertisement is for some form of booze and the ad makes it out like that's the only way to party and have fun.
Some of America's inventions around this include: the keg stand, binge drinking, butthole drinking so your breath doesn't stink, etc. We are the masters of imbibing mass quantities of a deadly drug and those of us that don't drink are ostracized. It's pure insanity.
Name me another drug where withdrawal will actually kill you. Not just make you feel like you're gonna die, but actually kill you. Here's a hint, there isn't one.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Here in America, everything is sponsored by alcohol. Every sporting event has a beer attached to it, every other advertisement is for some form of booze and the ad makes it out like that's the only way to party and have fun.
And then they get to drive home. How lucky and fun for the rest of us.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I see it almost everyday. I go to work at 345am, I see the drunks on the road and I told my wife, that is the most dangerous part of my day.
I believe it. I had a bartender roommate a long time ago. She would stumble in about 4 every morning.

felonious69

Silver Member
Never understood why alcohol is legal and pot is not.
I have never been pulled over for operating while meandering.

someguy01

Gold Member
Never understood why alcohol is legal and pot is not.
I have never been pulled over for operating while meandering.
In addition, when was the last time you heard about a pothead beating his wife or kids? Never. I'd have to get off the couch, and we all know that ain't happenin'

felonious69

Silver Member
In addition, when was the last time you heard about a pothead beating his wife or kids? Never. I'd have to get off the couch, and we all know that ain't happenin'
Maybe beating them at Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Beer and booze built America - it was at one time part of wages. But in America we have a cornucopia of drugs we take- apparently no one can live without them. I don’t believe in drugs- I use to worship them and my Physicians desk reference was my Bible- a veritable Charlie Bartlett I was. But I only use a nasal steroid and sometimes a Zyrtec for allergies- so I don’t take any drugs. But I don’t mind breathing a lil smoke every now and then but that hardly qualifies as a drug in comparison to my past cornucopia. It’s all natural no need for FDA approval proven safe for about 3-5 k years. So it’s incense lol

felonious69

Silver Member
I remember the start of the war on drugs here in America. Now, technically I fought for the other side, back then

wraub

Silver Member
Last edited:

felonious69

Silver Member
Well THAT ain't gonna happen!

felonious69

Silver Member
They also didnt explain that the alcohol itself is the product of bacterial (yeast) feces. When I learned that I really started to question what exactly I was doing.
Wow. Like chittlins in a glass!
Now I'm REALLY glad I haven't been drinking for a while!