Are you still happy?

felonious69

She knows that I have a "wierd" way of looking at things and she's okay with that. She knows that I care, that I am honest and that I say what is on my mind. I'm not a dickhead, a scumbag, a cheater and would never lift a finger against her.
Been 13 years.
She doesn't always agree with how or why I always laugh at things but she knows that it is how I remain sane.
I NEED TO see the"funny" in things and I am good at it.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

She knows that I have a "wierd" way of looking at things and she's okay with that. She knows that I care, that I am honest and that I say what is on my mind. I'm not a dickhead, a scumbag, a cheater and would never lift a finger against her.
Been 13 years.
She doesn't always agree with how or why I always laugh at things but she knows that it is how I remain sane.
I NEED TO see the"funny" in things and I am good at it.

yeah...it always bothered my wife that I didn't overreact to situations...she still doesn't understand how I don't get outwardly angry about stuff. I have always fekt that anger is a wasted emotion/waste of time, because it doesn't fix anything...it just adds trouble

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I've always recognized I was different from my peers-so always thought I was wrong, at fault or crazy. But what I discovered is it was they who were wrong, at fault and crazy and I almost let them drive me so. I'm happy who I am and if people don't like me-that's their problem. I like most anyone except politicians-no lower scum on earth. Slime molds have them beat and similar neither have a functioning brain ROFL.

wraub

Maybe not "happy" but had some joy yesterday- was playing, caught a groove, and did a quick audio recording. Then, I realized I had a recording saved from a year ago, almost to the day.
In comparing the two, I hear genuine, real progress (and the SO does too) Maybe not perfection, but solid progress I can hear and appreciate.
Actually made my day. :)

Find the good where you can. ;)

dajazz

Recently not happy at all, I'm a foreigner living in UK, a European foreigner and I really don't feel quite happy at all, I'm not one for sob stories but for fucks sake most of my mates have moved out of Birmingham as it's a bit of a shit hole and if there's no much work here there's no reason to move in this area, I come from a prettier one for instance.
I can say most Britons are angry and a lot of people around here (I'm definitely not a classist) are from poorer background and often times alchool and drugs thrive here.
I'm really sorry if my message comes across as chaotic, and I know it is, the core really is I've been feeling quite lonely and I feel this massive solitude thing on me, I have a girlfriend and we've been living together now for almost 7 months but really I can't click with her or anyone British, I haven't got many friends and the few acquintances I have are not British but foreigners like me of different backgrounds some Europeans some Asians etc.
I do not like the lifestyle as alchool is very centric to most activities, seems like Britons don't flipping go out if not for getting pissed or drugged up, and I come from a culture where yes drinking is accepted indeed but not the MAIN thing one does to pass time.

I'm really considering what to do with my life, it's safe to say that I live here solely because I like the language, I can play some jazz (the Birmingham conservatoire is areally good school and I love going to their jam sessions) and I can find some decent IT jobs.

I'm not depressed as I don't believe to be the kind of person but I do feel quite down at times.

Thank you for reading :)

AzHeat

Platinum Member
yeah...it always bothered my wife that I didn't overreact to situations...she still doesn't understand how I don't get outwardly angry about stuff. I have always fekt that anger is a wasted emotion/waste of time, because it doesn't fix anything...it just adds trouble
I don’t get this anymore than I get the opposite. I read this literally everywhere. Anger is a human emotion. It can be used for good or bad. If I see someone abusing an animal or child, you damn right I’ll get angry. To say it’s useless….

On the other hand, I see so many angry at others not doing or believing something they themselves value that they disown or attack mercilessly. Seen a ton of that on this forum too. Now, THAT is a useless emotion.

felonious69

alchool is very centric to most activities,
I am in America and the way I see it, alcohol tends to become pretty centric in a lot of things here too.
Myself...I was part of the problem, and it's very easy for me to get angry if I have a half a qt. of rum in me. (And I rarely had less than that much)
It's been about 2 1/2 years now and I definitely feel better!

I imagine that if no place ever had any "foreigners" we'd all be three-eyed inbreeds...if we even lasted this long.

Things will get better. I believe it, so it is true.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
It is so difficult to find happiness in life really-lots of things can try and steal it from you. Don’t let it. Words really don’t mean much - people say all sorts of things it’s what they do that counts. I say all sorts of things- sometimes I think I have Tourette’s syndrome, but just word salad- it’s what we do that counts. I know I’ve offended as much as been offended but I don’t mean to. I’m thinking others can be just as careless with expressing themselves. Some people need a whipping post I think so lash out. I’ve done that in frustration. I have two friends that both have suffered so much loss and understandably made them bitter and hardened so they are both angry and lash out. I’m trying to help both find their happy place again- both super human beings. I’ve been an angry person too but I stopped being angry and just gone with crazy. No one likes angry but most people are crazy so i fit right in LOL. Beware the “normal” people because there is no such thing so WTH are they hiding?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I am in America and the way I see it, alcohol tends to become pretty centric in a lot of things here too.
Very much so. You can get and drink alcohol just about anywhere. We even have drive-thru liquor stores here.

I havent drank in over a year now. Dont really miss it either. I dont get angry or anything, I just dont know how to stop drinking once I start. There is no enjoyment, only a need to drink more. So I just dont.

felonious69

Very much so. You can get and drink alcohol just about anywhere. We even have drive-thru liquor stores here.

I havent drank in over a year now. Dont really miss it either. I dont get angry or anything, I just dont know how to stop drinking once I start. There is no enjoyment, only a need to drink more. So I just dont.
You recently stated how grateful you are for your wife's happiness. Can't help but wonder if this helps with that if not just a little.
I know with my GF it helps A LOT!
Helps me too.
My doctor asked me once how much I drank...
"All of it".

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I don’t get this anymore than I get the opposite. I read this literally everywhere. Anger is a human emotion. It can be used for good or bad. If I see someone abusing an animal or child, you damn right I’ll get angry. To say it’s useless….

On the other hand, I see so many angry at others not doing or believing something they themselves value that they disown or attack mercilessly. Seen a ton of that on this forum too. Now, THAT is a useless emotion.

yeah, anger in reaction to injustice is legit...but anger in reaction to damage of ego/butthurt, or not getting something your way, Acts of God, or in impulsive reaction is a waste to me...as long as anger turns to positive reaction/resolution, then I can accept that

Bozozoid

This thread is more real than any heartfelt drum post I've ever been a part of. I won't preach to anyone but I can point you in a good direction if bottom is all you can reach. I've been there and yet still avoid the answer which I believe to be true. Pride is a horrible thing.