Are you still happy?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
It's what the commercial says, so it's GOTTA be true!
I guess I like the high mercury content or something...kinda beads up and rolls on the tongue.
When I toured the Miller plant in 99 it was one of their brands. Apparently it has changed hands a few time since then (I just read). Its brewed somewhere else now, and its parent company is Asahi Group Holdings, a Japanese beverage giant. But at one point it was made in Milwobblie.

felonious69

When I toured the Miller plant in 99 it was one of their brands. Apparently it has changed hands a few time since then (I just read). Its brewed somewhere else now, and its parent company is Asahi Group Holdings, a Japanese beverage giant. But at one point it was made in Milwobblie.
Was wobblie last time I was there...Either Summerfest or State Fair or something...Saw Robin Trower and Aerosmith on the same day.

Edit: Was thinking about it...Milwaukee is an hour away. That was about 21 years ago. I don't get to walk-about much I guess.

Old Dog new Cans

Because I save so much money NOT drinking, when I boil brats, I use a can of Foster's (Australian for "beeyah") if I can find one. Don't ever use any of the skunky or sweet beers. Quarter/peel an onion and toss it into the boil.
Lots of folks just use a regular beer...whatever they have on hand.
Thank you sir! I'll try that this weekend

Bozozoid

We just fairly recently got Hy-Vee.
Man!, they have a lot of cupcakes and muffins there.
Good bakery too.
The beer thing?..never tried it..im just going to fork a few holes in some natural casing brats (for crunch) so the fiances bud light soaks in. Would never drink bud lite but that particular pilsner just sounds good paired with a jalapeno brat that hyvee offers (among many others. That's my new years fun tonight. I'll be out like a lite by 9 or 10 same as always while my other half is up watching some parade or new years something or other.

felonious69

The beer thing?..never tried it..im just going to fork a few holes in some natural casing brats (for crunch) so the fiances bud light soaks in. Would never drink bud lite but that particular pilsner just sounds good paired with a jalapeno brat that hyvee offers (among many others. That's my new years fun tonight. I'll be out like a lite by 9 or 10 same as always while my other half is up watching some parade or new years something or other.
Hy-Vee has a pretty good assortment of "specialty" foods in their meat counter area. Different brats, Sesame coated salmon steaks, chicken cordon bleus and such. Very thick sliced peppered bacon (mmmmmm...bacon)

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
ee has a pretty good assortment of "specialty" foods in their meat counter area.
We dont have Hy-Vee here. Never even heard of it till just now. Closest one is in Springfield, MO. Honestly I was hoping it was a gas station so I could tell you about Kum&Go.

When I was a kid I lived in NY. We had a Price Chopper. I always was fascinated with the logo. It's a lady with an axe in her head:

DnuKLWrXoAAMUgZ.jpg

Old Dog new Cans

Don't think anyone who is not a cop or judge has ever called me sir.

My father was in the military. And one thing I learned was to be polite, yes sir, yes ma'am. It doesn't always carry through in today's world, or I don't carry through. But I try.

Now I can't get beer outta my frickin' head. I may have to go get a 4pk of Guinness. I've not had alcohol, since June. I wasn't a "drinker". . .I quit for the most-part because of what it does to my gut. I'll buy a 6pk, use 2 in potato soup a couple times. . .ffwd 10 months and the other 4 are still in the fridge.

🤷‍♂️

felonious69

Now I can't get beer outta my frickin' head. I may have to go get a 4pk of Guinness. I've not had alcohol, since June. I wasn't a "drinker". . .I quit for the most-part because of what it does to my gut. I'll buy a 6pk, use 2 in potato soup a couple times. . .ffwd 10 months and the other 4 are still in the fridge.
That's why I buy one big can/bottle of something.
I don't drink and I don't ever have company because they are...people.

felonious69

Don't even remember the last time I had a beer.
February will be two years for me but THAT was always Bacardi...LOTS Of Bacardi.

Sometimes I think ''Man, I wouldn't mind a nice frosty mug".
But then I remember...
"No sir, Officer, I did not even see that mirage I just drove through"
OR
"Yes sir, Your Honor, I will pay you that ten thousand dollars, Right away...Who really needs drums, guitars and food after all anyway, sir"
OR
"Yes sir, Mr. Prosecuting Attorney I DO think it was my right to expire his lifetime membership for drop D tuning my guitar".

I'll just have the coffee...and try to remain happy.

Last edited:

baz

Silver Member
I have more reasons to be happy than l do to be unhappy.

Stay safe

Barry

Old Dog new Cans

Don't even remember the last time I had a beer.
February will be two years for me but THAT was always Bacardi...LOTS Of Bacardi.

Sometimes I think ''Man, I wouldn't mind a nice frosty mug".
But then I remember...
"No sir, Officer, I did not even see that mirage I just drove through"
OR
"Yes sir, Your Honor, I will pay you that ten thousand dollars, Right away...Who really needs drums, guitars and food after all anyway, sir"
OR
"Yes sir, Mr. Prosecuting Attorney I DO think it was my right to expire his lifetime membership for drop D tuning my guitar".

I'll just have the coffee...and try to remain happy.
I got very lucky in that regard. Drinking can be volatile for some people. My problem with drinking was when I was 26, the new DJ in the club. And I would sometimes drink between 15-20 shots of tequila a night. My gosh dude. No wonder my digestive tract is so F'd.

felonious69

Drinking can be volatile for some people
Earlier, you commented that your father was ex-military and taught you respect: Yes, Sir, No Sir, Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am...
My dad was ex army, and he taught me to be angry. And I got really good at it. Throw in a half a quart or more of rum and...Generally not good...Major problems...Leading to Corporal punishment, or meeting the Sargent at arms, Judge Advocate.

Happy New Year!...I'm having the coffee right now.
Gonna go see mom and have coffee with her...SHE taught me to be cool. I'm really good at that too. And I like it more.

Old Dog new Cans

Earlier, you commented that your father was ex-military and taught you respect: Yes, Sir, No Sir, Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am...
My dad was ex army, and he taught me to be angry. And I got really good at it. Throw in a half a quart or more of rum and...Generally not good...Major problems...Leading to Corporal punishment, or meeting the Sargent at arms, Judge Advocate.

Happy New Year!...I'm having the coffee right now.
Gonna go see mom and have coffee with her...SHE taught me to be cool. I'm really good at that too. And I like it more.

I hear ya brother. It could, have gone that way for me. But it '73 ish, a couple years after I had been born, my father was still drinking HEAVILY. Before he met my mother, and he was still at home, he would buy 2 gallons of whiskey, and a 12 pack of beer. 1/2 for dinner, 1/2 for breakfast, W T F.
Anyway, in '73 his doc told him, if you don't quit drinking you WILL die. He literally quit that day, and really never had another drop. My grandfather used to beat him horribly. Almost killed him once. My grandmother had to bash him in the head with a cast iron pan to get him off of my dad. Plenty of violence close. But I got lucky.

Happy New Year to yer mama! :)

SomeBadDrummer

We dont have Hy-Vee here. Never even heard of it till just now. Closest one is in Springfield, MO. Honestly I was hoping it was a gas station so I could tell you about Kum&Go.

When I was a kid I lived in NY. We had a Price Chopper. I always was fascinated with the logo. It's a lady with an axe in her head:

View attachment 99561
It’s a Morgan silver dollar. Not sure that the axe/hatchet would make a clean cut as shown due to the poor angle and tiny size...

felonious69

going to fork a few holes in some natural casing brats (for crunch)
Some folks don't like that, but I have been shot with hot brat juice...and that sucks!

Well...THAT sounded weird! (Even though it was silent, cuz, ya know...text)