Are you in Acquisition:Purge or holding steady mode now ?

Djrummer

The stork left this baby on my doorstep today!

Attachments

• 20220510_160531.jpg
    20220510_160531.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220510_160541.jpg
    20220510_160541.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220510_160518.jpg
    20220510_160518.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220510_160427.jpg
    20220510_160427.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220510_160600.jpg
    20220510_160600.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 6

Jeremy Crockett

Acquisition mode ended last year with Tama and DW kits and A Customs to contrast my K Custom Dark set. I'm now in purge mode, but only a few things.
I need to get my Concept Maple kit sold, a pair of crashes, and several Roland V-cymbals left over from my former E-drum kit.
Just moved into the new house and finally have a proper drum room but I don't have room for three kits and storing things I don't use.

View attachment 118446
I missed this first pass. What does the new music room look like now?

NouveauCliche

I'm mostly good on drums - might still pick up a matching smaller floor tom for my kit.

I'm still in acquisition mode for the other things:

I just got a new drum rug I'm excited to mark up for summer touring - need a new cymbal case - trying some new heads out, etc.

larryace

"Uncle Larry" - Administrator
Staff member
I change my drums all the time. I'm my twenty years playing I've owned over thirteen different kits BUT never at the same time. I constantly shift and change my set ups and constantly 'clean house' and make a dramatic change. However, I always move out the old gear as I bring in the new gear. I never have more then one full kit's worth of drums on hand at a given time yet they are always different so I guess I'm always in a 'hold steady purge AND acquisition' mode.
On one hand I admire this, on the other hand, I'm the opposite. I just try and get around the kit so it's second nature, F trying to switch things up for me. But I admire people who do.

Not you though :p

I'm kidding! (great humor opportunity, set em up, knock em down)

I really value your input here!

timmdrum

Silver Member
On one hand I admire this, on the other hand, I'm the opposite. I just try and get around the kit so it's second nature, F trying to switch things up for me.
If I was touring, or for whatever reason, having to play others' setups all the time, then I'd do it at home also, to stay sharp. Since that doesn't apply to me, then like you, once I've found what setup / position of a kit piece works best for me, I leave it alone- mark the drum rug and memory lock the shit outta everything. I want to be able to play my kit equally well with my eyes closed.

drumnut87

Silver Member
semi-purge mode, ive finally sold my drum rack thats been on ebay for over a year, and ive jsut sold 4 snare drum stands i wasnt using, eventually going to cut down on more of my midrange stuff i have and get some pro quality gear bought in, i have pro quality hardware, mics and snare for my gigging rig, but my bass drums and toms are midrange tama rockstars, so im going to replace them with a custom made kit in my sizes eventually

drumnut87

Silver Member
and ive just sold my 18 inch bass drum that was going spare/clogging up my lockup, may as well unload the stuff i dont use any more :)

bud7h4

Silver Member
I missed this first pass. What does the new music room look like now?

It's still full of drum/cymbal/pedal cases and boxes. Only things in place are the drum rack and DW kick.
It's the first room as you enter the house, so for the first few days that's where we had placed any furniture and things that needed assembling.

ToneT

Like the title asks - are you in purge , acquisition or holding steady mode now ?

I have two items on order that should be arriving soon and then I will be in hardcore hold steady mode . Gigs are starting to come back but I have all the gear I need for the long term future . I have all the cymbals I want now since the acquisition of the HHX Anthology cymbals .
I have two things in order drum wise and both should be here soon then I will be in hardcore hold steady mode . Only consumeable purchase like sticks and heads .

How about you ?
To date, I have everything I need. I'm well-stocked with sticks and heads. I'm content with my set and my recording gear.
I count my blessings daily.

roncadillac

On one hand I admire this, on the other hand, I'm the opposite. I just try and get around the kit so it's second nature, F trying to switch things up for me. But I admire people who do.

Not you though :p

I'm kidding! (great humor opportunity, set em up, knock em down)

I really value your input here!
Honestly I've just always been excited by the change and finding out what I can do with what.

Drumolator

Platinum Member
I am holding steady until around January 5. Then I am planning to buy the best Sabian 16" thin crash that I can. Peace and goodwill.