Are you in Acquisition:Purge or holding steady mode now ?

RickP

Gold Member
Like the title asks - are you in purge , acquisition or holding steady mode now ?

I have two items on order that should be arriving soon and then I will be in hardcore hold steady mode . Gigs are starting to come back but I have all the gear I need for the long term future . I have all the cymbals I want now since the acquisition of the HHX Anthology cymbals .
I have two things in order drum wise and both should be here soon then I will be in hardcore hold steady mode . Only consumeable purchase like sticks and heads .

How about you ?

Last edited:

caddywumpus

Archnemesis of Larryace
I’m in a hold steady/acquisition mode. I used to buy and sell a lot, and go through binge/purge phases. Now, I still look, but I don’t feel the need/want to snatch up deals just to resell them. I’m looking for things that might interest me, but I have all of the gear that I *need* at the moment.

jda

All shored up here

Snares: Gretsch and Ludwig
Drums: Gretsch and Gretsch and Gretsch
Cymbals: Bosphorus, Old Ks, Old As, 1 new K and a few others (oldPs, oldJs..)
Sticks: Firth Promuco others
heads: Remo
seat stands pedals: yama tama Lud dw

Last edited:

boomstick

Silver Member
Great question. I'm in a holding pattern now. I basically have everything I need. But once I get some extra money, I want to get a few more cymbals, just to swap out for different sounds when necessary, and a full set of mics/stands/cords.

wraub

Gold Member
I have lately been considering reducing to the essential, or close to it. Been going through things with an eye to reduce.

The gear I have I do because it was something I wanted at a good price, and almost all those items have now all gone up in price, so I'm motivated to sell, but I know replacing anything would be more expensive than getting it was. This why I have the gear I have.

I did just sell a guitar neck though, so things are always changing. However, definitely no need to acquire anything beyond perishables. I'm good with what I have.

Ryan Culberson

Both. Have been acquiring but at the same time purging more than the acquisitions. There’s a goal at the end of this insanity, but it’s a circuitous route to get there. Want to make sure I have the right pieces in place for my specific needs before everything else goes bye bye.

King Tiger

Definitely in purge mode. Great hardware and kits, but just don't play them and I have way too much stuff. I won't ever have this much gear again.

Jeremy Crockett

Just finished a season of purging. Three guitars, three basses, two guitar amplifiers, and a set of Rototoms gone.

River19

Light acquisition mode.

I have been doing a decent amount of home recording for some folks and find myself filling in some "holes" with gear that supports a sound I don't really have currently. For example, as mentioned in other threads I'm a wood snare guy at heart but I see the value in a versatile metal snare that will record well. I have never been really blown away by the Acro-Supra-Beauty-Phonics so I am waiting for a N&C Alloy Classic to be built for me.

So I would say the occasional snare, cymbal etc is "light acquisition mode".

Last edited:

SharkSandwich

Holding now...

- Complete hardware update over covid lockdown
- New cymbal in 2021
- New snare in 2021
- New mixer stand in 2021
- New BD pedal 2022
- New iPad in 2022

I'm now just gigging and enjoying the upgrades!

Drumdame

I'm in the looking mode and need to buy 2 Boom stands for cymbals and I just love looking at "rare snares" remember I'm new at this!

Drummer_D

timmdrum

Silver Member
I'm kinda in-between. Been dragging my feet selling my extra Acro, or selling them both for a Supra (not hesitant, just haven't bothered to do so yet), and I have my eyes open for deals on kits that would be an upgrade to my Mapex Pro-M gig kit, but it suffices so it's not a burning issue. Otherwise, I'm holdin' steady.

John Q. Drummer

I’m trying to actively purge, “trying” being the operative word. For every two steps forward, I take a step back. Progress is being made but not as fast as I was planning. I keep on being lured by new stuff, specifically Paiste cymbals. And finally getting the matching snare for my Yamaha AHM kit. And I just remembered that my iPad is like 7 years old now…

UGH. :LOL: