Are you amused or offended when someone standing near you mimes your playing?

I think people air drum for many reasons. In this video this person seems just to be very into the song. It wouldn't affect me in any way.

The miming was amusing. It's cool.

The guitarist however, offended all my senses. The tie dye tank top with the gold watch and naked robot girl and the caterwauling. I didn't catch the shoes.
No, thank you.

The miming was amusing. It's cool.

The guitarist however, offended all my senses. The tie dye tank top with the gold watch and naked robot girl and the caterwauling. I didn't catch the shoes.
No, thank you.

The shoes appear to be cowboy boots. Guess you missed the white jeans with leg bandana also?

The chick gave air props to other band members also. I'm cool with it.

I've seen videos of the front row of Rush concerts where fans have taken their own drumsticks along to play air drums with.

I imagine they don't realise how stupendously turdy they look :)

Nerds

As a barefoot drummer I go as barefoot as I can get away with when playing guitar, too.

I'm not offended. It just one of many distractions that happen during gigs.

Not impressed, especially from a band member (backup singer) - but then again, maybe that's part of it. Great song though!

Just my take....

Usually flattered. It means they're into your groove typically.

Isn't that the goal, to get people to behave like that?

I'm seldom offended by anything.

So, amused. More accurately, surprised or bewildered.

Well as long as they are playing in time LOL. I was playing at church and we made an offshoot group playing Gloryland band stuff-basically big band christian songs. This one brass dude kept playing along on his knees whenever he was tacit. Initially it didn't bother me-cause he was in time-but as he wailed along-which there's a lot of wailing big band style in these songs-well that's where he fell off and that was distracting. Going from knee to air-drumming out of time was distracting-I had to look away-he was like a Bug zapper and I the bug. In the civic orchestra I played we had real musicians who played in Symphony orchestra too and they counted music in their heads, I the novice would often use my fingers-and they asked me to stop it was distracting. I get it and complied.

Depends if I was playing well or if I just made a mistake and they’re drawing attention to that....

Can’t recall anyone copying me actually.

Hang on...in this vid there's a girl shaking her assets like crazy, all but falling out of her top...humping the guitar dude's leg...and this might cause offence?

How in the hell could that ever be offensive??????

Hang on...in this vid there's a girl shaking her assets like crazy, all but falling out of her top...humping the guitar dude's leg...and this might cause offence?

How in the hell could that ever be offensive??????

Because this is 2018?

Attachments

• No offence.png
    No offence.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 125
I don't mind at all. The only time I really see this is at church. I think it's pretty cool when the kids are doing it, but I think it's hilarious when grown men are doing it. Grown women just know better.

Back