Are these worth selling for $1,150 ?

Kelly!

Truth custom drums from 2006. 12x6 Tom w/mount, 16x16 floor Tom w/mount, 20x20 bass drum. 6 ply maple shells in perfect condition. Mini-tube lugs. The wrap does have slight cosmetic damage from moving from gig to gig. Conservatively, I'd give the wrap a 7/7.5 outta 10. They sound great and resonate forever. The tom heads still have at least 75% life left. the bass drum head is brand new. I'm selling them mostly because I never use the 20" bass anymore. Unless its miced, its just too small to get the sound im after. Also, of course, it would be nice to have the cash. A guy offered me $1,150 if I can sell tomorrow. What do you guys think?

Attachments

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
How much did you pay for it and would you get that much if you put it up on eBay?

To be honest, it's a small name and might not have great re-sale value anyway. If you didn't spend $3000+ on it, that price sounds like a good deal for you.

larryz

Platinum Member
Agree with Bo. Might be a harder sell so you might want to jump on the chance now.

Me, I can't handle the truth.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
How much did you pay for it and would you get that much if you put it up on eBay?

To be honest, it's a small name and might not have great re-sale value anyway. If you didn't spend $3000+ on it, that price sounds like a good deal for you.
^ What Bo said.

Kelly!

Haha! well it's unanimous! I think it's a fair deal both ways. The real problem must be letting go of the drums.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I think it's a reasonable offer for a kit like that. I don't think you will be offered much more than that for a "custom" kit.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Haha! well it's unanimous! I think it's a fair deal both ways. The real problem must be letting go of the drums.
But you'll have 1150 to put towards new drums, or new drums altogether if you shop around. That's always fun.

jofizzm

They are another Portland area maker. Not as nice as Allegra, but that's me. If they were on PDX craigslist you might be able to get $1500. I wouldn't sell them for $1,150, but again, that's me.