Are sabian xs20s crashable?

joshisaces

Gold Member
Are sabian xs20 rides crashable? Particularly the medium ride. I really really want a ride that I can crash... oh, and that's not $300+

hahah.
xs20 are made out of b20 bronze, so I'd be alright with it, as I don't want beginner cymbals. Say what you want about them being beginner/intermediate cymbals... I don't care.
Wow. Off-topic :)

Anyways, are xs20 rides crashable?

mrbling

Silver Member
erm from what i have herd from my m8s 1 not so. if you want a crashable ride go for an aax stage ride good crashability

Drummertist

Silver Member
I've been using the medium ride for a couple years now. It have a very nice sound when riding and the bell is nice but a bit cutting.

Now it can be crashed but I find it to be more gong-ish than crash-ish. Probably due to it being a MEDIUM thickness. I would try to find a thin or medium thin ride to crash on but it sucks to be low on cash. It is a nice ride though for the cost.

Oh, don't forget about...drumroll please...EBAY and Craigslist!

joshisaces

Gold Member
The only thing with craigslist is... drum roll please.. my local craigslist has NO good deals, and on ebay used pro rides go for more money than new xs20 :(

ohh well. I'll keep looking.

Fiery

Silver Member
hahah.
xs20 are made out of b20 bronze, so I'd be alright with it, as I don't want beginner cymbals.
Many professional level cymbals are made of B8, or other non-B20 bronze. Ever heard of Paiste?

I think you'd be better off with a Paiste Alpha if you wan't a good but not too expensive cymbal.

As far as crashability goes, can't help you on that since, to my ear, most rides are crashable. For example, 20" AAX Metal Ride makes a lovely crash-ride if you ask me.

Last edited:

Solaris

Silver Member
I second the AAX stage for a crash-ride. And surely with the crap economy prices on Ebay should be way down, just be patient and something will come up sooner or later.