Are R16 Instructions for Rocket Scientists?

jdsg

Ok, I am not an idiot but I can't, for the life of me, figure out the R16 instruction manual to do what I want do. I have googled until my fingers bled and no luck. I have a bunch of drumless MP3's on my iPod that I want to plug into the R16 and play along to with my mic'd drums and possibly record to evaluate my skill. Seems so simple, right. Any explanations that appear to come close lose me with recording jargon. Anyone have a simple way of explaining this without me requiring a sound engineering degree? I would also like to nominate the R16 instruction manual for the most confusing instruction award but it would'nt be a fair contest

SteveRatz

Ive not looked at the videos but I have an R16 too if I can offer any help. It stores WAV files onto a micro SD, so copying files straight to the SD card is an option. I'd agree the manual isnt great!

New Tricks

Platinum Member
It's been a couple years since I recorded directly into my R16. I don't remember any details but I remember the cards getting filled up fast

If you have a Mac, use the R16 as an interface and use GB. That's what I ended up doing and it simplifies everything and gives you "unlimited" storage. Then I could tell you exactly what to do :)