Aquarian Superpad Won’t Fit 20” Gretsch Kick Drum

rinlow

I just bought a 20” super-pad for my 20” renown kick drum and I can’t seem to get it to sit flush against the head due to the lugs/hardware. Anyone else have this problem or any advice? I’d hate to think that i would need to remove the hardware each time I want to use the pad on my kick.
Not sure I’m sold on these super pads yet.

Chunkaway

Silver Member
I just bought a 20” super-pad for my 20” renown kick drum and I can’t seem to get it to sit flush against the head due to the lugs/hardware. Anyone else have this problem or any advice? I’d hate to think that i would need to remove the hardware each time I want to use the pad on my kick.
Not sure I’m sold on these super pads yet.
You have to take the hardware off to make it fit. The idea being that you will use the drum in quiet situations for extended periods of time. It will not go on/come off without taking off the hardware. Been there, done that.

zenghost

If it is the claws preventing proper installation/uninstallation, I had a similar issue with a 20" Superpad on my bass drum when I had a Sonor Vintage Series kit. The claws prevented the Superpad from being installed completely as it could not get clearance to get past the claws - claw over-hang on the hoops. Having to remove hardware to use this device would have made it a no-go for me.

I simply marked the locations of interference (3 or 4 spots maybe), and took a file to the substrate backer board to eliminate the interference at those locations. Worked like a charm, and allowed the device to be installed and uninstalled with ease.

Last edited: