Aquarian Cymbal Spring help!

joshisaces

Gold Member
I got an Aquarian Cymbal Spring today for my china. I've had some probablems with it however. The two rubber things it comes with don't completely tighten the china. There's room left over between the two red things.

Also, when I hit it, the spings click when they move around. It's pretty weird.

Is all this normal?

I got an Aquarian Cymbal Spring today for my china. I've had some probablems with it however. The two rubber things it comes with don't completely tighten the china. There's room left over between the two red things.

Also, when I hit it, the spings click when they move around. It's pretty weird.

Is all this normal?

It isn't supposed to tighten or clamp down on the cymbal. It is also normal for it to move around. That is what they are designed to do. They are meant to allow the cymbal to be free and move after being hit. You can spray the springs lightly with WD40 if they are noisy. I have all of my cymbals on them. I've been using them for just about a year now and love them! No more squashed or lopsided felts... no more chewed up or stripped out plastic T bolts ;)

It isn't supposed to tighten or clamp down on the cymbal. It is also normal for it to move around. That is what they are designed to do. They are meant to allow the cymbal to be free and move after being hit. You can spray the springs lightly with WD40 if they are noisy. I have all of my cymbals on them. I've been using them for just about a year now and love them! No more squashed or lopsided felts... no more chewed up or stripped out plastic T bolts ;)

Well, the point of getting one is to have the sound it gives when tightening it down while maintaining some shocks.

It's all good though. I got it to work. As for the noise, it isn't that bad because the cymbal loudness covers the noise it makes.

Well, the point of getting one is to have the sound it gives when tightening it down while maintaining some shocks.

It's all good though. I got it to work. As for the noise, it isn't that bad because the cymbal loudness covers the noise it makes.

If you got it to tighten it down you got it for the wrong reason. You can put a thin felt on it. Then it will be able to tighten down.

If you got it to tighten it down you got it for the wrong reason. You can put a thin felt on it. Then it will be able to tighten down.

That's what I read from reviews, but whatever. It sounds good and works fine. I'm happy with what I use it for ;)

I did wind up using a felt. Thanks

That's what I read from reviews, but whatever. It sounds good and works fine. I'm happy with what I use it for ;)

I did wind up using a felt. Thanks

I figured as much.. When I started using them I just got 1 to start with cuz for 1.. they aint cheap. 2 I was skeptical. I tried it on my china and immediately noticed more volume.. So with that, I got 3 more.

I figured as much.. When I started using them I just got 1 to start with cuz for 1.. they aint cheap. 2 I was skeptical. I tried it on my china and immediately noticed more volume.. So with that, I got 3 more.

I don't think I'd use them for my crashes but this on my china is the bomb.

I have something similar to those springs. On crashes only. Start hitting those four babies and you'll never want to stop :)

Back